• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Half of my head keeps dropping out

Charlie J

Can anyone help? My CYAN head keeps dropping out daily. It comes back after having the machine do a normal cleaning.

Yes I know the black head looks terrible. It has been like that for several years but it prints just fine.

Printer is a 2009 Roland RS-640 running OEM inks. Other than the cyan head issue, it prints great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 87

Scotchy

My guess is a bad or plugged filter. If it's runs for a while and stops and then you run for a while and stops it's probably filling with ink slowly and the ink is being used faster than its being replaced.

Im of course assuming that your hard ink line going to it can supply it fast enough. That may also be plugged.

The cleaning will suck ink out of the head and pull what it can through the filter. That is likely why it gets better after cleaning. Try this. Don't clean just pause the job for five minutes or so then resume. If it works again you have ink starvation. Then replace the filter. Cheaper of the two options...

Hope this helps.