• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Halo Lit Advice Needed!!

KreativeK

So I have a halo lit sign that is meant to be installed as individual letters/pieces, on studs, about an inch off the facade with spacers. It is replacing the existing non-illuminated sign (marked out in photo) Apparently there is no electric access. Does anyone have any ideas on how to aesthetically install this sign without any kind of raceway or backer panel?

Attachments

• A33C405F-BA32-44DD-9092-7B15518D7939.jpeg
    A33C405F-BA32-44DD-9092-7B15518D7939.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 240

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So I have a halo lit sign that is meant to be installed as individual letters/pieces, on studs, about an inch off the facade with spacers. It is replacing the existing non-illuminated sign (marked out in photo) Apparently there is no electric access. Does anyone have any ideas on how to aesthetically install this sign without any kind of raceway or backer panel?

Sounds like your question is answered in your first sentence. As far as no access for electric, that would be a problem for an electric sign.

weyandsign

You need power penetrations from the back of each letter into the wall. If you're not doing the electrical, ask the client how their electrician plans on wiring it up with no access.

KreativeK

So someone else made the new backlit sign and you have to install it?
We had the sign manufactured through our vendor, and we are installing the sign as well. The customer is responsible for electric, however I am trying to help them figure out what their electrician needs to do and I am worried we now have a sign that cannot be installed the way we quoted them.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
We had the sign manufactured through our vendor, and we are installing the sign as well. The customer is responsible for electric, however I am trying to help them figure out what their electrician needs to do and I am worried we now have a sign that cannot be installed the way we quoted them.
With no access behind the wall, a backer panel is your best bet. In the future, this should be verified before you commit to a project.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
Big problem with the halo letters is depending on how many characters you have and the length of the copy, makes it alot harder to get access to that big of an area behind the sign. Sometimes it is much easier for an electrician to run a single point of 120 volt power. If that is the case i would fabricate a pan face that the letters will mount to and an inner pan for mounting and housing the power supply / switch. That way all of the low voltage from the halo letters (LED i assume) can be pre-wired into a single tail and attach to a power supply that would be installed in your mounting pan. Face pan has to have some thickness to it in order to house the power supply but unless you have somewhere on the inside to hide the power supply i would just do it all on the outside. Customer just needs to have the electrician install a whip out of the fascia that you can run thru a hole you drill in mounting pan during install.

Attachments

• ID.jpg
    ID.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 120