• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hand drawn & lettered

Craig Sjoquist

Just finish this in 12 hrs start to finish including sales & check in hand,

Sold by Mylander Murals, designed by Mellow at Knight agency, I confirmed on Thurs, what needed to be done, drew out pattern by hand using grid formula on Fri., started lettering on Sat. finished Mon.

There are kerning issues but designer knew nothing about that, like the big gap between the F & T tried to tighten it but she wanted the shades not to touch a letter, so I opened it back up along with the the R & A so it would not be so noticeable, she was nice & learned a little & I was happier.

It is lettered in Ronan's Aquacoat using 3 Mack 2962 brushes 2 coats the shade Aquathane clear with white added.

Note it was done with ladders, ladder jacks, 8ft plank over booths as you see in distance picture.

If in Orlando it is in the Metrowest area & looks to be a outstanding restaurant, with well experienced people operating it, the menu will be very tempting indeed.

Attachments

• may 12 14 031.JPG
    may 12 14 031.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 123
  • may 12 14 028.JPG
    may 12 14 028.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 117

deegrafix

Very nice! True craftsmanship.

It's been many years since I've dealt with ladder jacks and a hand painted project at the same time. How often do you get this kind of project?

Z SIGNS

Very nicely done
Every now and then I bust out my mops and hand letter something
It relaxes me and takes me back to a time when life as sign painter was..........

Craig Sjoquist

Thank you yawl for the kinds words, Appreciate it.

Deegrafix .. I been hand lettering 39 years 29 in Orlando area so this is sorta common, doin signs that a digital lettering does not work well.
Have a large job coming up shortly wooo hooo, also a good deal of my work has been window splash, someone is having a sale in the bright colors on windows.
Most of my work will be on scaffolds, ladder jack work is rare when doing higher stuff, only if it is the only way.

Dan Antonelli

Looks sweet. My mission over the next few months is to start lettering again. Just for fun. Its been about 15 years. Wonder if my quills that have been soaking in 10w-40 are still good.