Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hand held grommet press at ISA show

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by krimol, May 24, 2010.

1. krimol

krimol New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    I was at the ISA 2010 show in Orlando and saw a small booth with a hand held grommet machine. One squeeze made the hole and installed the grommet. They also had some impressive banner hem tape. I thought I got their card and info, but I can't find it for the life of me. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks for any help.

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Is this who you're looking for?

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA.................................

4. briankb

briankb Active Member

Jul 7, 2009
    There were quite a few handheld grommet machines at the show. I stopped by the Hiker booth because he made that post here a while back. It was a great machine. I don't need one but I want to buy it just to have it. It was very easy to use and would punch through some think material including aluminum.

if you buy direct tell him about signs101 and see if you get a discount, if so please report back. http://www.hikerusa.com

5. krimol

krimol New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Thanks for the responses. It wasn't a hand press, but a hand held. Like the hole punch, but it actually punched and installed the grommet at the same time. They were $100. at the show. It's not the hole punch that BannerUps has (although I think I'm sold on their edge tabs ---easier and stronger than grommets) or a hand press like hiker usa has. Thanks for your help. I'll keep checking in. I'm new here.... anyone know why it says "preppie" under my name?

6. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Cause you are a preppie!!!!

7. Just Another Sign Guy

Just Another Sign Guy Very Active Member

Jun 19, 2004
    cool tool Krimol..aka..the preppie :) is the tool offered at buygrommets.com the one that you saw at the show?

8. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Pretty sure it's the tool I provided a link to in Post #2 because they were an exhibitor at the Orlando Expo.

9. krimol

krimol New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    That's not the one I saw, but it's definitely the same thing. I emailed Bannerups about their hole punch. If theirs is also a grommet installer, they need to say so... they only describe it as a hole punch.

Ok... I always thought a newcomer to a forum was called a "newbie". A "preppie" to me is a stuck up, well dressed, rich, high school kid that drives daddy's Mercedes.... I couldn't be farther from that!!

Thanks for the help.

10. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I can tell you that Bannerups only needs a hole punch because it doesn't use metal grommets.

Signs 101 uses a school student metaphor for its member titles. Sorry you are bothered by it.

11. krimol

krimol New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    When do I graduate?

12. signage

signage Major Contributor

Oct 5, 2005
    Penn
    When you get your diploma:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

13. Fred Weiss

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Your title advances to College Freshman when you have made 25 posts.

14. acothran

acothran Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Bowling Green, KY
    .....or you can buy a premium membership (well worth the money) and it will say "Premium Subscriber" under your username.

Allen

15. trik

trik Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yuba City, CA
    +1

16. Slamdunkpro

Slamdunkpro Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I have to chime in - Every time I used banner-ups one or more failed unless I set a grommet in the banner-up hole. I haven't found them to be terribly reliable.

17. krimol

krimol New Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Bannerups confirmed they are the antigrommeters and their hand held is just a hole punch. Still looking for the all in one hand held that I saw at ISA. Thanks for the input slamdunkpro. I bought some tabs yesterday. I'm thinking indoor use won't be a problem.