• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hand held grommet press at ISA show

krimol

I was at the ISA 2010 show in Orlando and saw a small booth with a hand held grommet machine. One squeeze made the hole and installed the grommet. They also had some impressive banner hem tape. I thought I got their card and info, but I can't find it for the life of me. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks for any help.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
There were quite a few handheld grommet machines at the show. I stopped by the Hiker booth because he made that post here a while back. It was a great machine. I don't need one but I want to buy it just to have it. It was very easy to use and would punch through some think material including aluminum.

if you buy direct tell him about signs101 and see if you get a discount, if so please report back. http://www.hikerusa.com

krimol

Thanks for the responses. It wasn't a hand press, but a hand held. Like the hole punch, but it actually punched and installed the grommet at the same time. They were $100. at the show. It's not the hole punch that BannerUps has (although I think I'm sold on their edge tabs ---easier and stronger than grommets) or a hand press like hiker usa has. Thanks for your help. I'll keep checking in. I'm new here.... anyone know why it says "preppie" under my name?

krimol

That's not the one I saw, but it's definitely the same thing. I emailed Bannerups about their hole punch. If theirs is also a grommet installer, they need to say so... they only describe it as a hole punch.

Ok... I always thought a newcomer to a forum was called a "newbie". A "preppie" to me is a stuck up, well dressed, rich, high school kid that drives daddy's Mercedes.... I couldn't be farther from that!!

Thanks for the help.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
That's not the one I saw, but it's definitely the same thing. I emailed Bannerups about their hole punch. If theirs is also a grommet installer, they need to say so... they only describe it as a hole punch.

Ok... I always thought a newcomer to a forum was called a "newbie". A "preppie" to me is a stuck up, well dressed, rich, high school kid that drives daddy's Mercedes.... I couldn't be farther from that!!

Thanks for the help.

I can tell you that Bannerups only needs a hole punch because it doesn't use metal grommets.

Signs 101 uses a school student metaphor for its member titles. Sorry you are bothered by it.

Slamdunkpro

Thanks for the help.

I have to chime in - Every time I used banner-ups one or more failed unless I set a grommet in the banner-up hole. I haven't found them to be terribly reliable.

krimol

Bannerups confirmed they are the antigrommeters and their hand held is just a hole punch. Still looking for the all in one hand held that I saw at ISA. Thanks for the input slamdunkpro. I bought some tabs yesterday. I'm thinking indoor use won't be a problem.