• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hand Painted to Vinyl Cut

SignManJoe

A new customer has come to us and wants to change the original hand painted vans, to vinyl. They want to keep the same look, so I am looking for fonts that are close to what the original was based off of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I think the name IDEAL was based off of Magneto, but you guys might know others. I am looking for as many fonts as I can get to choose from. Thanks again!
IK.jpg

sardocs

That shouldn't be hard to digitize from the pictures you've got. Even a quick auto-trace and a bit of clean up shouldn't take more than the time to modify a font.

SignManiac

A shame he isn't willing to update that ugly logo. At least on his website looks a little more contemporary. But I still hate his choice of font for Ideal. You should take this opportunity to up sell him and convince him that he needs a better looking vehicle.

Attachments

• ideal.jpg
    ideal.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 57

OldPaint

FUGLY!!!!! IS WHAT IT IS....but some people just wont move away form crap.
its way to small on that truck..............

Pat Whatley

IDEAL
Starting with Magneto Bold you can modify to match in minutes.

CABINETS
Eurostile, Metrostyle, Dodger

REST OF COPY
Helvetica Medium Condensed

Shouldn't take you more than 10 minutes to modify fonts and recreate the art you uploaded almost exactly.

Z SIGNS

If want to be a replicator use the above tips and the other suggestions that will roll inn.

There is a lot of room for improvement in this truck layout.

Why not be the hero and improve it for him.

Might turn out to be fun and a stepping stone.

Jillbeans

I don't really mind the look of this at all, I would just make a few minor changes such as enlarging the name on the side.
Love....Jill

Craig Sjoquist

I like the retro look of this & layout, but must admit that ..I.. in Ideal has got to go it is fugly your eyes go directly to that ..I.. & it not good & if so it should be with a smile in your eyes.

John Butto

agree

I don't really mind the look of this at all, I would just make a few minor changes such as enlarging the name on the side.
Love....Jill

I am with Jillbeans on this one. The "I" is suppose to represent a number 1.deal if I am reading it right. With a few tweaks here and there it will look Ideal on the truck.

Attachments

• ideal.jpg
    ideal.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: