• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hand-painted work truck.

Jillbeans

Here's one I did last month.
I couldn't change the logo (it's not a bad looking logo except that it used Arial)
But I added a "service guy" and with some good advice from Dan Antonelli, I snuck in Gotham instead of the Arial.
This is 100% hand painted using a pounce pattern and lettering enamel. I had about 16 total hours in it, including making the patterns and removing the old vynull strip on the truck. Materials were about $75. That's one of the reasons I love hand lettering.
It's getting a lot of looks, but the guy who has to drive it is sick of getting a thumbs up from all his co-workers :ROFLMAO:
Their regular logo is on the hood, and their website is on the back.
This is also the place where I work part time :rock-n-roll:
Love....Jill

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 155
  • truck5.jpg
    truck5.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 119
  • truck4.jpg
    truck4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 113
  • truck7.jpg
    truck7.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 123
  • truck8.jpg
    truck8.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 175

Jillbeans

Thank you.
I was full of joy after returning from Letterheads 40 (still am) and was so glad to have a project I could sink my teeth into.
The guy who drives the truck is not the boss :smile: The boss loves it.
In their weekly meeting of managers, the boss said they have been getting a lot of attention from it. His friend saw it on the road even before the boss did, and texted him a photo.
Here is a daytime pic, the lights in the buildings are those weird yellow kind, so the colors are more accurate here.
I also have another paint job of this nature pending. I love it.

Attachments

• truckfinal.jpg
    truckfinal.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 99

Jillbeans

Thanks so much. Spent 6 hours today peeling off all the old crap on the van that this replaced (they are selling it) I didn't letter that one.
I used to do all of their stuff until they found someone cheaper.
I am so glad they learned to appreciate something more than just typed out slapped on Arial.
:ROFLMAO:
They are also good to work for. We sell a lot of PVC 4"x4" sleeves to sign folks around the country.

AaronSSsignsKC

That came out great it is always nice to see good quality work these days!!! maybe you guys can give me an opinion on a mural my company did last week. Took 3 days a lot of one shot some frustration but the crew killed it and we think it came out great. It was for a local distillery here in Kansas City. We don't do much mural work anymore but we always love when we do!!

Attachments

• IMG_9688.jpg
    IMG_9688.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 116

Jillbeans

That came out great it is always nice to see good quality work these days!!! maybe you guys can give me an opinion on a mural my company did last week. Took 3 days a lot of one shot some frustration but the crew killed it and we think it came out great. It was for a local distillery here in Kansas City. We don't do much mural work anymore but we always love when we do!!

The only thing I can say is to try Novacolors paint next time. It's an acrylic, and it outlasts and outperforms 1Shot to the max. And also, if you're not doing anything the last weekend of this July, come to the Walldog mural event I am helping to host in Butler, PA! There will be a distillery mural there, too.
:smile: