• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hand painter got a Roland Stika SV-15 for starts

Gravy

Mainly to make paint masks. It was gently used and a good price. Anybody got any tips? It is still in the mail being shipped just asking to prepare.

Mosh

What programs do you plan to run with it? Welcome to the cutting world, I use our plotters all the time for making paint sten's.

Gravy

What programs do you plan to run with it? Welcome to the cutting world, I use our plotters all the time for making paint sten's.

Thanks for the welcome Mosh. It will come with cutStudio from Roland. I have Adobe CS4 which has Illustrator and there is a cutStudio plugin for Illustrator. I'm not sure what programs I can run with the Stika SV-15. I am a software engineer by day and have been for 16 years. I write code though. I use adobe's fireworks for some graphics. But will have to learn Illustrator I guess. I was a neon bender before that for 8 years (did some vinyl on the Gerber IV B when it came out, heehee) quite some time ago. though late 80's. I decided to go to school to learn software. I have a liking for artistic wood and metal creations though so I am slowly getting into it. What do you use for digital rendering, and controlling a plotter?