• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Handy little pricing book?

casigngirl

I have this handy little pricing guide book from the early 2000s. I love it for reference but it's very outdated. Anyone know where I can get a current edition?

Kottwitz-Graphics

I have this handy little pricing guide book from the early 2000s. I love it for reference but it's very outdated. Anyone know where I can get a current edition?

There ought to be some info on who put it out somewhere in it. I've seen half a dozen over the years, and that is a lot too vague to give an answer too...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Slowly raise your bids to the point you start loosing them, then back down a bit to hit the sweet spot for your market.

I operate in three distinct markets and all 3 have different pricing. Two are more rural areas and one is a major metro. The pricing in the two rurual areas are vastly different from the metro.

Last edited:

Mikeb64

We used to glance at it, well, at least refer to it, it was too general. We use the Estimate estimating software, you input your desired profit margin, then you input your cost of materials and overhead, I think it's an awesome program!

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Slowly raise your bids to the point you start loosing them, then back down a bit to hit the sweet spot for your market.

I operate in three distinct markets and all 3 have different pricing. Two are more rural areas and one is a major metro. The pricing in the two rural areas are vastly different from the metro.
I'm curious how you do this. Do you ask everyone where they live if they call in or is this mostly done through sales people?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I have different phone numbers and company names. I did this so I can fish out the larger jobs that are worth a few hour drive.

Wilson

I believe you may be referring to the "Sign Contractor's Pricing Guide" published by Signwriters Publishing Inc. (Jack Rumph). Jack passed away some years ago and I think his family members kept it going for a few years, but I think they have ceased publication. The 2016 edition is the last I find reference to. You can search for them with the above info and add in Billings, MT. Jack was an honorable competitor of mine and was selfless in sharing information about the sign profession. His price guide was one man's methods of establishing a fair and profitable price for the work, and I found it useful on occasion to cross check my own methods.

Pippin Decals

I believe you may be referring to the "Sign Contractor's Pricing Guide" published by Signwriters Publishing Inc. (Jack Rumph). Jack passed away some years ago and I think his family members kept it going for a few years, but I think they have ceased publication. The 2016 edition is the last I find reference to. You can search for them with the above info and add in Billings, MT. Jack was an honorable competitor of mine and was selfless in sharing information about the sign profession. His price guide was one man's methods of establishing a fair and profitable price for the work, and I found it useful on occasion to cross check my own methods.

Is this what your talking about or similar ? Sign Pricing Calculators