• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hanging a banner from a car for a parade?

Dr. Decal

I have a political client, that is requesting a banner print of his campaign art, to hang from a vehicle window during parades.

I originally suggested vehicle magnets, as this is my normal solution to temporary graphics. The customer does not want magnets, they want a banner.

They are requesting recommendations on size and how to hang it from their car. They also want it to be able to be used with different vehicles. I'm thinking size would depend on the width of the window, so it would be hard to make a one size fits all. I have no real idea on how he should attach it to his vehicle. They supplied this photo.
upload_2018-5-3_13-41-25.png

My only contact with the client is through our sales department, and this is all the information I have been given.
Does anyone have any advice on what to suggest?

OhioSigns

May try magnets with hooks on them that could hook into the banner's grommets. Should make it pretty much universal.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Tape, just make the banner without hems or grommets and have them tape it to their car. That photo is of a fabric "banner" not a vinyl banner.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Most of those car owners are very anal when it comes to their car.

I've done 4 cars for parades and put removable cut vinyl on the doors.

T_K

I wonder if a set of these would work for holding it on the car. Probably wouldn't be able to sell the customer on the idea. But in theory, you could mount the removable 3M hooks to the car, and would just need to buy some more strips to reapply to the back of the hooks when you're changing vehicle. I used them on a number of different applications at home and they haven't damaged anything yet, so I'd guess it's safe for car paint.

Attachments

• 10071007-3M-command-medium-wire-hook.jpg
    10071007-3M-command-medium-wire-hook.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 446

Dr. Decal

Thanks for all the suggestions. The shop owner has already suggested a solution to the customer, of tying an 18x24 banner to the car by attaching twine all the way around the door. Essentially, we are selling them an 18x24 banner, hanging it is up to them as far as I'm concerned.

TammieH

if this is the car, isn't the body fiberglass? so magnets are def out of the question

I think some soft cord from a fabric store, or strips of thin velcro looped around the cozy window in the front and the convertible frame in the back...unless it has a removable hard top