• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hanging Banner 'Stand'

Rojo

Is there a retractable banner device like a banner stand that can be operated from the top down? I have a client that wants to mount a retractable banner carrier high on a wall and be able to pull the banner down to cover a white board when he doesn't want it displayed. Will probably have his logo on it or some graphic design. Needs to be about 48" wide.

CheapVehicleWrap

Not sure. But if there's not, you could possibly convert a reasonably priced projector screen into one. On the other hand; one that pulls from the ground up could simply be mounted upside down no?

Rojo

I think a banner stand would work but I don't have one here to experiment with. I wonder if the bottom of the stand could be mounted flat on the wall. The pull would be at 90 degrees of normal.

sfr table hockey

Might be the 48" wide that is the issue with a banner stand.

Might be able to rig up an old roller blind like ChicagoGraphics said. Most are just the mech. in the ends of a carboard tube. If you can get the 48" wide it may be the cheapest fix and easiest to mount.

Rojo

I was considering the roll up blind concept too. I saw something similar on Ikea hacks. Would be a cheap experiment.

10sacer

What you want is out there and I have seen it... just can't remember where. It acts like one of those window shade things. You pull it down with a pole or string or whatever and it stays open. With the retractor you will still have to use the pole to keep it from retracting. I will look for it tomorrow because I know I found it for one of my colleagues who had a grocery store looking for something like that.

Found it:

http://www.brittenbanners.com/products/bannerdrop.php

Last edited: