• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hanging blade sign bracket? How do you hang aluminum blade signs?

nolanola

Hello.
A couple years ago we produced and installed an aluminum sign. 0.060 white aluminum and vinyl.
The top 2 inches of the panel was bent 180 degrees to make it stronger, drilled two holes, put two quick links in it and hung on the existing bracket.
Now they want to renew the sign. There are signs of rust. The sign doesn't look very attractive.
I would like to do a better job this time. I will use stainless steel hardware and l'm looking for the part that would hold the panel and will have an eye hook on it.
Do you know where I can find it?

Thank you.
ichc3z

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 315

TimToad

View attachment 132741 Try these.

Harbor Sales
SHA2075SS

Those look custom.
Those are for 1/2" thick material like PVC or MDO. If he took two pieces of 1/4" Sintra/PVC cut the same size as the interior of that style clip, he could sandwich the .060 Aluminum between them, through bolt the whole works and be done. Those are clips are around $7.00 each at HooksandLattice.com

I don't trust pvc for outdoor use--it gets brittle when temps get extremely cold. We've use the Harbor brackets and simply use a vise or hammer to narrow the opening to accept ACM or 3mm Sintra. We've also used them to hold 040 aluminum in L frames for realtors, but the wind whipping the signs around causes aluminum that thin to tear along the bottom of the bracket.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You said you wanted to upgrade him, so why not give him 10mm ACM and get it already in black and apply the rest of the vinyl as needed. If you cannot fabricate custom brackets on your own, like Johnny Best pictured, they won't cost much to have made for something which looks better than those wood holders.