• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hanging Dibond - Attaching Hangstrips Question

rlarkin

Looking for some recommendations on the best way to adhere MDF hangstrips to the back of dibond material. I was planning to use 1/2" MDF hangstrips. I have tested VHB tape and Pro Tape Glue and they both work but just wanted to see if there are any other recommendations. Also what mil do you recommend on the VHB tape...so many different options to choose from.

Thank you in advance!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

fresh

We have used two-part epoxy (loctite from a hardware store.) Just make sure you scuff and clean the material. And I assume the hanging strips are french cleats? In the past we have used PVC instead of MDF with success.

rlarkin

We have used two-part epoxy (loctite from a hardware store.) Just make sure you scuff and clean the material. And I assume the hanging strips are french cleats? In the past we have used PVC instead of MDF with success.

yes i am using french cleats. there are 130+ signs we are doing so just trying to figure out the most efficient and secure way. thank you

Moze

Precision Sign Services
The thing I don't like about using a liquid adhesive on French cleats, is if any adhesive oozes out the bottom, it causes a high spot when you hang it on the mating piece. For one or two pieces, it would be ok and you could wipe or chisel off the excess. But with the quantity you're doing, I would attach them with VHB tape. I've never used VHB tape to attach MDF...that would worry me personally, but if you've done it with success, go for it.