• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hanging Dibond need fix for cleaner holes

Lexchess

Have Dibond signs, approx. 2' x 3' in size. We are drilling a hole in the two top corners. We then hang the sign using a hook or chain. Signs are placed inside and we want a pretty look to the holes.

It isn't much, but it is a small detail that we would like to make look better. I've tried using Grommets, but the the thickness and hardness of the Dibond doesn't work well. Both sides of the sign is seen.

Anyone know of a hollow nut / bolt combo or maybe even a pretty clip that we could use? The hole size can be changed and the type of hanger can be changed. We just want to hang these in an attractive manner.

We hang Alumacorr in the same manner and it looks even worse.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

MikePro

greetings from wisconsin!

go to your local hardware store's fastener section... should have something like this, with a matching male piece allowing a hole through both parts to string your wire:
41570_hr4c.jpg

Lexchess

Thanks, going to take picture and see if any local hardward stores carry those.

The wire hangers were an idea, but the hole we have made it seem safer. This Dibond would cut someone in half if it fell. However, cutting a hole for the set screw might be an idea to make it seem more secure.

Some of these signs sway from the air conditioner and we want to make sure they are VERY well secured to the ceiling.

Lexchess

Our holes look fine, though I will be buying a punch since I have heard other good things about them. The problem with Dibond is that silver / black ugly edge that is has. We cover the outside edge of the 2x3 signs and now we want to make the hole look more professional.

Haven't found the connector in the picture above, but I still have a few hardware stores to go. Anyone know the name of that silver connector?

MikePro

They are called screw posts.

here
nice! binder post & screws! I could have shown you exactly where they were in my hardware store, but couldn't think of a name for the life of me.

also added: why not look into "Stand-Off Systems" or likewise for good mount finishing products. stuff is pricey, but comes ready to go and looking really professional.