Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hanging Plexiglass

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by fullpoint, Jan 13, 2013.

1. fullpoint

fullpoint Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Hi All
    I have to hang 1/4" thick 30X40 inch Plexiglass and my clients don't want to drill holes on them.

I have no idea what my options are....

Does any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

FP

Tags:
  2. 704signs

704signs Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Monroe NC
    Gyford Hardware offers wire and clamp like fasteners. There is an article in this months Sign and digital graphics magazine about this type of hardware.

3. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Member

May 13, 2012
    Use the same brackets they use to mount mirrors.

4. fullpoint

fullpoint Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Gyford Hardware looks like a winner!
    It looks very professional and easy too.

Thanks for the tip!

FP

5. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    makethese

You take the same color or like this which is matt or clear. Cut strips, bend to the thickness you need, polish the edges as shown, attach to wall with anchors an screws with the counter sink you made. Make the top ones if you need them, I just use sides and bottom, with a longer hole so you can slide into place. But you probably do not have the equipment to do this so go to:http://www.standoffsystems.com/catalog/home.php
    and get the side mounts where you use a allen wrench to tighten down the plexi.

6. John Butto

John Butto Very Active Member

Jan 9, 2007
    You have another piece?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  7. fullpoint

fullpoint Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Thanks John!
    That's a great idea to make your own hanging hardware. I wanted to use mirror hanging hardware but 1/4" was too thick for most of them. And ones big enough for 1/4" was ugly stainless steel ones and I was sure my client wouldn't approve of it.

8. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
  9. fullpoint

fullpoint Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Brooklyn
    Thanks FMG!
    They have so many nice looking hardware! I personally liked the Clip Clamp. I would like to have it in my studio. :)