• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hanging Plexiglass

fine point

Hi All
I have to hang 1/4" thick 30X40 inch Plexiglass and my clients don't want to drill holes on them.

I have no idea what my options are....

Does any of you have any suggestions?

Thanks!

FP

704signs

Gyford Hardware offers wire and clamp like fasteners. There is an article in this months Sign and digital graphics magazine about this type of hardware.

John Butto

makethese

You take the same color or like this which is matt or clear. Cut strips, bend to the thickness you need, polish the edges as shown, attach to wall with anchors an screws with the counter sink you made. Make the top ones if you need them, I just use sides and bottom, with a longer hole so you can slide into place. But you probably do not have the equipment to do this so go to:http://www.standoffsystems.com/catalog/home.php
and get the side mounts where you use a allen wrench to tighten down the plexi.

fine point

Thanks John!
That's a great idea to make your own hanging hardware. I wanted to use mirror hanging hardware but 1/4" was too thick for most of them. And ones big enough for 1/4" was ugly stainless steel ones and I was sure my client wouldn't approve of it.

fine point

Thanks FMG!
They have so many nice looking hardware! I personally liked the Clip Clamp. I would like to have it in my studio. :)