• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Happy 10 Year Anniversary Signs101!

vid

Hard to believe. I thought the interweb was only like 3 years old?

BaWaaaaHaaa...

I wasn't even into signs when I joined. I just liked looking at pretty pictures.

I had somehow found Letterheads and then a reference to a new start-up forum that I began to follow. I had lurked at Letterheads and was a touch intimidated, and then miffed by the tenor of a few of the discussions. I had lurked here for a while, too. I think it was your posting and discussion of the LaundroDog layout that made me think "hey, I should sign up for this forum... they seem nice. They might have more patience for someone asking about how to make a multi-color sticker out of the colored stickery stuff."
Which of course leads me to the most important bit of sign knowledge I've ever gleaned from Signs101. That was Fred's sage advice, "the sticky side goes down." That key bit of wisdom has stuck with me to this very day.​

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
BaWaaaaHaaa...

I wasn't even into signs when I joined. I just liked looking at pretty pictures.

I had somehow found Letterheads and then a reference to a new start-up forum that I began to follow. I had lurked at Letterheads and was a touch intimidated, and then miffed by the tenor of a few of the discussions. I had lurked here for a while, too. I think it was your posting and discussion of the LaundroDog layout that made me think "hey, I should sign up for this forum... they seem nice. They might have more patience for someone asking about how to make a multi-color sticker out of the colored stickery stuff."
Which of course leads me to the most important bit of sign knowledge I've ever gleaned from Signs101. That was Fred's sage advice, "the sticky side goes down." That key bit of wisdom has stuck with me to this very day.​

And that advice is eternal. A core fundamental that each of us should hold in confidence and not pass on to outsiders.

My all time favorite was the two gals complaining about the vinyl not sticking to their banner very well. They had bought a ready made banner along with their plotter, vinyl and transfer tape. They got what they wanted cut, weeded and masked and put it on the banner with application fluid and set it on a table in the barn to dry. The next day they went to remove the transfer tape and the letters came off the banner.

Turns out the sales rep never took their "training" as far as squeegeeing to apply the vinyl to the banner. :ROFLMAO:

Tim Aucoin

I step away for a week and I miss the day of S101's 10th Anniversary? I can't believe I did that!! :doh:
And then you go and re-decorate the place, change the look, move things around... If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to "lose" me in the shuffle!! :ROFLMAO:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SIGNS 101! You are one of the best things to happen in my life in the last 5 years. I have made many friends as a result of joining, and I'm a better person because of it! :Big Laugh