• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Harder and harder to get paint

Signs Express

Is anyone else finding it harder to get 1shot lettering enamels in quarts or even gallons? I called one of our suppliers this morning to get serveral quarts to paint some panel backgrounds and they said they hardly carry the stuff any more.

What are you guys doing to larger panels that need a background colors other than the usual pre-painted panel colors and durability greater than the 3-5 years you're going to get from a digital print?

SignManiac

I wouldn't use 1-shot for anything anymore. I gave away 40-50 quarts and pints to a pin striper. UV kills it in no time here in Florida. The only way to get any durability is with a high quality clear coat. If I need a background to last, I use two part automotive paint. Unless of course you only need a sign to last for two years.