Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harder and harder to get paint

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Signs Express, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Signs Express

Signs Express Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    Is anyone else finding it harder to get 1shot lettering enamels in quarts or even gallons? I called one of our suppliers this morning to get serveral quarts to paint some panel backgrounds and they said they hardly carry the stuff any more.

What are you guys doing to larger panels that need a background colors other than the usual pre-painted panel colors and durability greater than the 3-5 years you're going to get from a digital print?

Tags:
  2. SE SignSupply

SE SignSupply Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Apex, NC
    We try to stock most of the lettering colors in QT's and/or HP's.

Ryan
    800-283-1722

3. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    I wouldn't use 1-shot for anything anymore. I gave away 40-50 quarts and pints to a pin striper. UV kills it in no time here in Florida. The only way to get any durability is with a high quality clear coat. If I need a background to last, I use two part automotive paint. Unless of course you only need a sign to last for two years.