• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Harley Classic

SimonJP

I am trying to figure out the font of the word "classic" on a harley touring bike. I have looked for a picture or eps of the word but cannot locate anything. The only thing i have to work with is the picture the client took of the word classic and sent to me... and it is totally worthless.. blurred and he doesnt understand how to up the pixels in his camera or focus....

any and all help is truly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

SimonJP

here is a link to the photo he sent

photo.jpg

I have been working on it in photoshop to clean it up and to try and get a trace from it... All he needs from it is a stencil to paint it back on.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimmeth411

Might sound dumb, but have you thought about redrawing it in illustrator? I usually lock the picture, then just use the pen tool to redraw, fixing the anchor points where needed. Then use divide to get rid of the inside sections of the letters.

SimonJP

that is what i have been working on... dumbing it down and redrawing it. I dont need much details from it. Only enough to get a stencil cut from it for him. He is a past customer and this is more a "favor" than anything. I have found out over time that favors never pay :)