• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hartco Sandblast Stencil

blufftonsignguy

I am curious if anyone using Hartco sandblast stencil 425 has had any problems with it recently. I have used it for the last 3-4 years with no problems. All of a sudden I am having problems with it sticking during blasting. With wood I apply directly to the wood the same way I have been doing it. With hdu and extira I have always primed it with a latex primer and then applied the stencil. The other day after sandblasting some hdu I found some of the letters had blown off. The letters that did stay stuck to the primer and when pulled off, the hdu came with it. I am at a loss right now with it. I contacted my sales rep who emailed hartco, who in turn emailed me back, asked a couple of questions in which I responded and haven't heard back since. Anyone?

ams

It does pretty well for me. If you blast an angle, it peels up, you have to blast straight on.

blufftonsignguy

I have thought of trying an oil base primer due to recent problems. With it just starting to occur I am not sure hartco hasn't changed the adhesive. I had this same problem happen to me before maybe 4 years ago and I fought with it. Switched to anchor and didn't have the problem anymore. Gave it a few months and went back to hartco due to the cost and didn't have the problem again until now with never changing my primer.

I try and blast as straight on as possible as I know it will want to peel blasting on an angle.

I just wanted to get the question out to see it anyone else may be experiencing the same problems.

Who knows!:banghead:

J Hill Designs

I have thought of trying an oil base primer due to recent problems. With it just starting to occur I am not sure hartco hasn't changed the adhesive. I had this same problem happen to me before maybe 4 years ago and I fought with it. Switched to anchor and didn't have the problem anymore. Gave it a few months and went back to hartco due to the cost and didn't have the problem again until now with never changing my primer.

I try and blast as straight on as possible as I know it will want to peel blasting on an angle.

I just wanted to get the question out to see it anyone else may be experiencing the same problems.

Who knows!:banghead:
I always use anchor. cost schmost its worth it

bernie

Only problem with Anchor is ... you can't get it at this time. If you have any you're not using and want to get rid of it ... I'll take it. Anchor had a flood and they are not up and running
yet. Anchor has always been my "go to" stencil for sandblasting so this is a problem for me. I sandblast 85% rock and the rest glass. Seldom do I do wood. Always preferred Anchor.

I use Hartco 310 on occasion and have used 425. The only way I purchase Hartco is it has to be drop shipped to me direct from Hartco. Getting crap material that has been sitting on
some suppliers shelf for longer than it should be happened twice. No problems when I get it drop shipped. The supplier has grumbled as they don't like that I request a drop ship. Too bad.
Bernie

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Only problem with Anchor is ... you can't get it at this time. If you have any you're not using and want to get rid of it ... I'll take it. Anchor had a flood and they are not up and running yet. Anchor has always been my "go to" stencil for sandblasting so this is a problem for me. I sandblast 85% rock and the rest glass. Seldom do I do wood. Always preferred Anchor.

I use Hartco 310 on occasion and have used 425. The only way I purchase Hartco is it has to be drop shipped to me direct from Hartco. Getting crap material that has been sitting on some suppliers shelf for longer than it should be happened twice. No problems when I get it drop shipped. The supplier has grumbled as they don't like that I request a drop ship. Too bad. Bernie

Ditto on using Anchor. Ditto on having Hartco drop shipped. Ditto on the sad news of not getting any Anchor until late this fall or early winter.

We stocked up on two-years worth of 3M and the alternative they're offering for Anchor in anticipation of a severe run as the spring and summer wears on. I never thought I'd say it, but the 3M runs through the plotter a lot better than Anchor. And when used with stone filler (for blasting rocks) it's just as good as the Anchor 117 we normally use.

JB