• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anybody ever done an install on an Indy-style race car before?

WhatsYourSign?

One of our clients we do other work for has done well in their career and recently purchased an Indy-style race car as one of their newest toys. (pictures below)

They'd like to get a full wrap on the thing and I'm trying to figure out how to go about pricing it.

There are a million curves so it's definitely going to be a challenging install for my team, but I don't know exactly how long to expect it to take (a week?).

The client wants a firm price vs. paying hourly for it to be wrapped so I obviously need to add some padding to protect us, but it's not as easy as simply measuring the square footage and multiplying for a job like this.

How would you guys go about pricing this?

B59OqTF.jpg

4OySsmr.jpg

unclebun

Well, you know you're going to great exposure from doing this, so you should probably just do it for him gratis. After all, he has a great deal of influence and at least 60 followers.;)

WhatsYourSign?

Well, you know you're going to great exposure from doing this, so you should probably just do it for him gratis. After all, he has a great deal of influence and at least 60 followers.;)

Ah yes, I see you've also had your fair share of wealthy, big ego clients! :mad:

StarSign

We have done these and what worked best for us was to make a paper template and then brake down each part of the wrap to fit the specific area. The first time took a couple of tries but it's really not as bad as it looks.

SIGNTIME

Use masking tape and trace sections, stick on wall, take pictures, and trace on the computer. Print and cut like for atvs. It should not take a week.

equippaint

The harbor freight compressor in the background is a good indicator of what he wants to pay. Like the chrome steel wheels on the “indy car” too.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Is that a cab-over tractor that looks brand new? That's an odd vehicle to have.

Anyway.... he doesn't want to take the risk in being charged hourly, so the risk is on you with a custom install like this.... so you better make sure to insure yourself and charge well over what you think.

equippaint

Still has the inlaid paint on the door handles, probably parked in that garage since new and hardly used. Its a cooler ride than that car and they’re worth some $$$ today, even the internationals. Ive been after one for awhile but the wife wont let me yet.
The guys gonna be picky just look at his garage, id throw the dart at $5k and be happy to not get it.

BUCKY

Anyway.... he doesn't want to take the risk in being charged hourly, so the risk is on you with a custom install like this.... so you better make sure to insure yourself and charge well over what you think.

Cab Overs have made a big come back lately. They are horrible to drive and ride in but you look so cool rolling in them!!!
That bike looks to be pretty wild.

What does he want you to put on this wrap for the design? Does it really require wrapping or can you just do contour cut decals? Color change?

WhatsYourSign?

Cab Overs have made a big come back lately. They are horrible to drive and ride in but you look so cool rolling in them!!!
That bike looks to be pretty wild.

What does he want you to put on this wrap for the design? Does it really require wrapping or can you just do contour cut decals? Color change?

He wants a full color change wrap with decals on top of that.

UK Spaceman

Do you know what really gets me going? why do people think that a full wrap should be cheaper than a respray, if the colour required is an hideous one then I understand wrapping over painting because the resale value of the car could be affected.