Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone done the new VersaWorks Dual update?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by houseofmayhem, Oct 22, 2018.

1. houseofmayhem

houseofmayhem New Member

Nov 12, 2014
    ROSWELL NM
    I like to keep things updated, but I'm really busy right now and I can't afford to be messing with this if it doesn't change much.

Tags:
  2. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Calgary alberta
    Yup, it gets rid of the cut contour / transparency issue...worth its weight in gold just with that fixed....

3. IDB Signs

IDB Signs Member

Aug 29, 2018
    Portland, TN
    So no issues to speak of so far? I'd like to make the upgrade, but I'm always very hesitant about initial releases..

4. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Calgary alberta
    not for me, i left the old versa in place for a few months just in case..the odd time, versa dual gave me a hassle, i just used the prior version.....but it wasnt very often, and i cant be sure it was actual dual screwing up, versus a file issue....

5. Signature Sign Guys

Signature Sign Guys Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Kamloops BC
    I havent had to many issues with Dual. Sometimes double cuts on cutcontour which happens when I leave the stroke to the outside in the file or forget to check the outline stoke box in transparency options. Other than that its great to use and you do not have to flatten transparency before taking it to print as it does it in Dual.

6. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Calgary alberta
    cool, you are from Kamloops?...i was raised there..and did my digital art degree at UCC (now TR "University)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Signature Sign Guys

Signature Sign Guys Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Kamloops BC
    Oh nice. That is where I got my degree (TRU) as well lol Small world.