• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Has anyone ever approached their City Council to review and change a city ordinance for sign placement?

DL Signs

Never go against the family
We have the same ordinances, but no one enforces them. I did a billboard truck wrap 6 years ago. It hasn't moved since and it is right off the highway.
You can often get away with vehicles sitting on private property. We have a meat company in an outlying city, we did 8 of these vintage trucks for them over the past decade. They're parked in various locations along roads & highways leading into town. They probably pay the property owners in bacon :cool:

Attachments

• Van in place.jpg
    Van in place.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 62

unclebun

Again, it depends on the town. Here, the ordinance specifically prohibits using a vehicle as a sign, and even goes further to say that business vehicles which have lettering on them cannot be parked off property and left, and even when parked at the business location cannot be parked and left in the closest parking spaces to the road. And the compliance officer will write you up if you've been warned once and persist. They actually look as they go around town.

JBurton

Signtologist
Again, it depends on the town. Here, the ordinance specifically prohibits using a vehicle as a sign, and even goes further to say that business vehicles which have lettering on them cannot be parked off property and left, and even when parked at the business location cannot be parked and left in the closest parking spaces to the road. And the compliance officer will write you up if you've been warned once and persist. They actually look as they go around town.
I seem to recall a member on here, wrapped their work vehicle, then got cited for parking it at his residence. The only way to park it at his house was to get a car cover and cover it every evening. Sounded like CA from what I recall...

2B

Exactly, some of the towns / cities will go so far as creating a "snitch" program where you can report and if the location is in violation, you will get compensated

unclebun

I seem to recall a member on here, wrapped their work vehicle, then got cited for parking it at his residence. The only way to park it at his house was to get a car cover and cover it every evening. Sounded like CA from what I recall...
Yes, we have that in one village at our resort area as well. It's the "rich" neighborhood.