• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone found an uncoated paper for the L360?

Bly

The cheapo poster paper that runs so well in the 25500s doesn't like the new 360.
It buckles, head strikes then if you get the temp/pass rate just right to minimise the cockling you get a strange pattern in solid ink in certain light angles.
The HP Photorealistic Poster Paper seems to have the same issues.
I noticed on the HP media locator all the papers they recommend are coated.

I'm loving the speed it churns vinyl out though.

MMG

Hi Bly,

There are some uncoated papers that work properly with the HP Latex 360. First we have the Alpha3 8002, which has been tested by HP and from which you can even download a profile from the HP Media Solutions Locator are the following:

Alpha3 8002

Also there is another paper, the Induman offset paper 100g, which is not listed in the Media Solutions Locator, but has been tested by HP and it work OK.

Hotspur

The cheapo poster paper that runs so well in the 25500s doesn't like the new 360.
It buckles, head strikes then if you get the temp/pass rate just right to minimise the cockling you get a strange pattern in solid ink in certain light angles.
The HP Photorealistic Poster Paper seems to have the same issues.
I noticed on the HP media locator all the papers they recommend are coated.

I'm loving the speed it churns vinyl out though.

Three tips for papers on the 360:

use the takeup
use the takeup
use the takeup

not much fun if you are only doing a few feet but with many it's the only way to get them through

i lied - extra tip...build your profile using the HP photorealistic paper as the base
when you do this the printer uses the max vacuum available in the curing zone (only the vac in the print zone is otherwise controllable in the profile)

Bly

I noticed in the latest 360 firmware they've removed the Photorealistic Poster Paper profile so they must have realised there is an issue.
We kept one of our old 25500s so run all our posters on that.

Hotspur

I noticed in the latest 360 firmware they've removed the Photorealistic Poster Paper profile so they must have realised there is an issue.
We kept one of our old 25500s so run all our posters on that.

Yup - thanks...didn't spot that!

I'll ping HP to see if there's another that forces the max vac in the curing zone.

I have run rolls of plans paper. Just plain ol' white paper. Works great with the basic Generic Paper profile turned heat all the way down.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
My lightweight gloss and heavyweight gloss work great in the new latex and the price is only $0.07 for the light and $0.11 on the heavy.

MDKAOD

Yup - thanks...didn't spot that!

I'll ping HP to see if there's another that forces the max vac in the curing zone.

Have you made any progress regarding this?

Anyone know why HP won't allow us to control the curing zone vac?

MDKAOD

flexi lets me adjust any parameter of any profile I create or clone. I assume you could adjust it in other rips too.

Onyx and the control panel on the L360 itself only allow Vacuum (mmH2O) which is the print zone vacuum, not the vacuum in the curing unit. Are you sure that Flexi allows you to modify the curing unit?

Kwiksigns

wookie
Onyx and the control panel on the L360 itself only allow Vacuum (mmH2O) which is the print zone vacuum, not the vacuum in the curing unit. Are you sure that Flexi allows you to modify the curing unit?

oh you are right. I didn't think about that.

Bly

If I need a ton of posters in a hurry I run a cheapish gloss solvent paper in the 360s.
Prints great, fast and instant dry.
On our old Rolands I had to run this stuff on 12 pass or something ridiculous to get it dry enough before it hit the takeup reel.