• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone heard of CentricaInk.com?

Chasez

I had ordered some parts for our Seiko w64s through these guys and being 14 hours time difference the response time was fantastic (i email during the day, they email at night and I get the response in the morning). Everything was great, parts ordered, shipping confirmed... that's when it went down hill. Since then I can't get a response (through email, paypal, or even their phone number). All I had asked was for tracking information to be provided.. Now it is seeming like a scam more than anything. The parts were ordered on Nov 30th with 4-5 day DHL shipping, its now December 13th and no parts, DHL has no record of a shipment to my address (since they wouldn't provide tracking info I contacted the courier myself). I have put in a claim through paypal and waiting to hear back. My question is, has anyone dealt with these guys before and had success? Am I just cutting this short to early and should wait a bit before I follow through with the PayPal claim?

Chaz

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good Luck.............

I'm sorry to hear of these problems, but there does seem to be a pattern happening when dealing with all of these overseas companies. In order to save a little money, more and more people are experiencing this same dilemma. From lousy service, no support, wrong parts to lost orders with little to no help.

I would think most people will stay with the tired and true workings of American based companies. Not against their having foreign parts, but at least they are more local.

ikarasu

Good Luck.............

I'm sorry to hear of these problems, but there does seem to be a pattern happening when dealing with all of these overseas companies. In order to save a little money, more and more people are experiencing this same dilemma. From lousy service, no support, wrong parts to lost orders with little to no help.

I would think most people will stay with the tired and true workings of American based companies. Not against their having foreign parts, but at least they are more local.

Only problem with that is price. Grapghtec blades are about $150 CAD here... I bought a set of 6 blades for $7.50 shipped from china, and while it may not last as long... I've been using the same blade for 6+ months, and no signs of chipping / bad cutting yet. Seiko head... $4500 here. Found it for $1400 from an over seas company with good reviews. Sadly when a head dies, you need it right away, and we forked out the extra $3000 for "convenience".

Lots of stuff is way cheaper. Not just a slight savings, but enough of a savings to take the risk. Which is why there are so many scam companies out there....Easy pickings. Do your due diligence, google the company... if theres no info about them, its too good of a deal to believe, walk away.

While you probably saved quite a bit buying from the site... I'm sure you wasted that in man hours / frusteration trying to find out where your part is.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Only problem with that is price. Grapghtec blades are about $150 CAD here... I bought a set of 6 blades for $7.50 shipped from china, and while it may not last as long... I've been using the same blade for 6+ months, and no signs of chipping / bad cutting yet. Seiko head... $4500 here. Found it for $1400 from an over seas company with good reviews. Sadly when a head dies, you need it right away, and we forked out the extra $3000 for "convenience".

Lots of stuff is way cheaper. Not just a slight savings, but enough of a savings to take the risk. Which is why there are so many scam companies out there....Easy pickings. Do your due diligence, google the company... if theres no info about them, its too good of a deal to believe, walk away.

While you probably saved quite a bit buying from the site... I'm sure you wasted that in man hours / frusteration trying to find out where your part is.

This could all change, once the new President gets into office. Some things are gonna be priced a little more accordingly. All of the little things you mention are what takes place and we're all left holding whatever in our hands. The number of scams are getting worse and worse... and when this new President does take over, watch what happens to the Black Market.

Our consideration has always been, it's a part of doing business and if you account for it, you will be reimbursed the costs. However, charging what the market will bear and then cutting corners to save some money, which is what some do, it's not fair, either. I don't condemn someone for trying to save money, but how they go about it, then charge more, just because the rest of us are on one level, while they're on another. High Road..... Low Road kinda theory. Sh!t happens.

Chasez

Seiko head... $4500 here. Found it for $1400 from an over seas company with good reviews. Sadly when a head dies, you need it right away, and we forked out the extra $3000 for "convenience".

Which Seiko head? I'm trying to get a w-64s head (IRH3223T-2110), again price there ($883 CAD) vs $3400 CAD here. Shows that it is an OEM part, so even if it doesn't last as long I ordered 2 for less than the cost of one here...
Don't know if I'm willing to try and wait for another overseas delivery at this point but for future parts I'd be interested to know which company you found with good reviews.

Looking like I'm stuck paying the costs here unfortunately.

Chaz

ikarasu

Which Seiko head? I'm trying to get a w-64s head (IRH3223T-2110), again price there ($883 CAD) vs $3400 CAD here. Shows that it is an OEM part, so even if it doesn't last as long I ordered 2 for less than the cost of one here...
Don't know if I'm willing to try and wait for another overseas delivery at this point but for future parts I'd be interested to know which company you found with good reviews.

Looking like I'm stuck paying the costs here unfortunately.

Chaz

H2-74s. I believe they use the same. I'm at work, but I'll look when I get home.

ikarasu

This could all change, once the new President gets into office. Some things are gonna be priced a little more accordingly. All of the little things you mention are what takes place and we're all left holding whatever in our hands. The number of scams are getting worse and worse... and when this new President does take over, watch what happens to the Black Market.

Our consideration has always been, it's a part of doing business and if you account for it, you will be reimbursed the costs. However, charging what the market will bear and then cutting corners to save some money, which is what some do, it's not fair, either. I don't condemn someone for trying to save money, but how they go about it, then charge more, just because the rest of us are on one level, while they're on another. High Road..... Low Road kinda theory. Sh!t happens.

Luckily I'm in Canada. It'll be interesting to see how things shape up in America with trump, though!

I think so long as your not selling an inferior product, no reason not.to charge the same price.

Like my cheapo graphite blades - it cuts exactly the same. And while I'd like to support local, some things are just to good to pass up. Now if I was buying cheap Chinese substrates and charging the same as others who use 3M, I could see there being a problem. And sadly it's what most of these home. businesses do, legit printing shops get hurt to losing a customer, customer gets hurt in 6 months when his print looks like crap, and the basement printer keeps taking in new customers making a fortune.

That being said, it's like like the printers break too much. They need to charge these huge prices to stay in business... It's not like they're ripping us off. Just like we make a decent profit selling signs, they need to make one fixing machines... Otherwise they'll go belly up.

We do have a tech who comes and does all our printer work, and we buy locally whenever possible. It doesn't make.sense to delay / lose 50k worth of jobs for a month waiting for a print head to show up from Indonesia.

As you said, it's part of business. 90℅ of the stuff we don't do ourselves. But stuff like little foam swabs that cost $1.20 per swab here. We will purchase for 1/5 the price from us cutters or.direct from China. We never. Cut corners when it comes.to.the finished product though!

(On my phone, so excuse typos)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Never buy a printer, inks, or parts from Indonesia! I have heard from at least 10 people directly and much more on signs101 who ordered a printer, parts, and/or ink from Indonesia for such a great price! Only to be scammed. If you find a product for less then a 3rd of the cost of what other people are selling you, always assume it's a scam until proven otherwise.

ikarasu

Never buy a printer, inks, or parts from Indonesia! I have heard from at least 10 people directly and much more on signs101 who ordered a printer, parts, and/or ink from Indonesia for such a great price! Only to be scammed. If you find a product for less then a 3rd of the cost of what other people are selling you, always assume it's a scam until proven otherwise.

Usually I agree. But the place I found it from had a few good reviews, including some posts from signs101 people!

They also have offices in America + London... Was a big company.

It's just cutting out the middle man. It's like sheet metal. You can buy it from China for 1/4 the price if you order it in enough bulk. Exact same stuff.

Chasez

Usually I agree. But the place I found it from had a few good reviews, including some posts from signs101 people!

They also have offices in America + London... Was a big company.

Any chance you've been able to find what this companies name was?

Chaz