• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone here tried Topaz A.I. Gigapilel? Reviews?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Yes, I tried it and was very impressed with the one image I tried. It was a small pic of a dog ... less than 300 x 300 pixels. I enlarged it 600% and it looked great ... noticeably better than the original. I then took that image and enlarged it another 600% and it still looked pretty good. I doubt that results would always be as good but definitely a good tool to have on hand.

BALLPARK

I use it quite a bit... It works great with our filtered art prints and oversized prints.

It's worth the money. They make a lot of great products for designers.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
AIGigaPixel attempts to bring back detail with a great deal of success. I don't think Perfect Resize attempts anything more than enlarging an image faithfully without changing it. So the answer would depend on whether or not you're trying to restore and enlarge or just enlarge with a minimum of change to the image.

rjssigns

AIGigaPixel attempts to bring back detail with a great deal of success. I don't think Perfect Resize attempts anything more than enlarging an image faithfully without changing it. So the answer would depend on whether or not you're trying to restore and enlarge or just enlarge with a minimum of change to the image.

I like the idea of restore and enlarge. Perfect Resize has been my go to for years and I was always pleased with the results, but technology doesn't stand still.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The thing to keep in mind is that the restoration isn't necessarily what is there ... only what the software imagines is there.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
Thanks for the reviews-I've been nearly tempted a few times to try it.
I use dejpg at times, and remask. They have their advantages and disadvantages, but you learn to gain from their strengths, and tweak around the weaknesses.

Every so often it is offered on special - I'm awaiting th next special!

bigben

Thanks for the reviews-I've been nearly tempted a few times to try it.
I use dejpg at times, and remask. They have their advantages and disadvantages, but you learn to gain from their strengths, and tweak around the weaknesses.

Every so often it is offered on special - I'm awaiting th next special!

Does the special is on their website normally? I would like to buy it, but if I can have a deal, I can wait. I'm using ON1 for now.

akuarela

I like Gigapixel very much. I do a lot of photography with a high res camera, and like to bring out the most detail out of the picture and print it big.
Also, sometimes combine with Topaz Studio, specially AI clear which cleans up a lot of noise.
I just used it on a low res file they sent me to blow up for a 5'x10' sign... well, the original was little but not as bad as some, so it did a decent job.
Like Fred Weiss says, the software will do its own magic, but result is usually darn good.
I also have ON1 Resize, but am preferring Gigapixel, and both of these far ahead of trying to resample in Photoshop.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
They've just released version 4 which adds more control over blur and noise removal and it's on special for $20 off. I'm using it as part of a workflow to go from small photo to high fidelity vector photos using Illustrator. Initial results look good as a way to resize for large image needs.

shoresigns

We bought Topaz AI Gigapixel immediately after testing a trial version of it, after reading about it in this thread.

What it can do is mind-blowing. It's black magic in comparison to Photoshop or ON1 Resize. Worth way more than the $100 they're charging for it.

If you think I'm overselling it, ask your pre-press staff to test it out and see what they think.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
i dont know why people bother asking about programs that offer a free 30 day trial. just download it and try it for yourself.

I love it. especially when idiots send me thumb nail images.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Never heard about it until now. Thank you. Downloaded it and tried it already today, will be buying it!

bigben

I've just downloaded a demo and compared to ON1 2019. The result is far better in gigapixel. I've also check the two other software ''JPEG to RAW AI'' and ''Sharpen AI''. They seems to be also a great addition.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Downloaded the free trials and must say it works ! At first my anti virus said no but after further inspection is was allowed. With code and specials it’s well worth it - already used it 3 times for jobs so I figure it’s paid for itself in time I’ve saved retouching crappy artwork/photos
Would recommend downloading free trial and see for yourself . I’m going to try some of the other suggestions and compare printed output not just monitor screen results