Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone provided Project Financing to clients?

Discussion in 'Business Management' started by Christian @ 2CT Media, Sep 10, 2019.

1. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Whatever you do, don't call it Signancing :roflmao:

signancing.png

2. thesignpost

thesignpost Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Las Vegas
    They would only come to you because their lender refused them. I would say leave the financing to banks, that's what they are for. I do signs, why would I do roofing?

3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    That was my whole point. ;-)

Now, I can do more than just make signs or run the shop, but I don't wanna be a bank..... no way, no how. If I ain't gonna get paid, I'd rather be doing something I like doing for free and it ain't making signs for some skumbag.​

4. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    And you missed exactly what I was asking in my post, and follow up posts... We would not be financing we would forwarding to our banking institution.

5. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    It's lame how the purchasing customer doesn't pay the national sign company at least something upfront so they can cover the subs. They float the cost all the way down to the little guy doing all the work making the least in this whole deal.

I don't (usually) accept that as a sub ... and on the other side... I don't do that to my subs.

6. thesignpost

thesignpost Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Las Vegas
    Exactly, the point I was trying to make, people dont get it.

7. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    But we wouldn't be the bank? The bank would be the bank, we would just facilitate an Express option.