Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone seen a font like this or can anyone make me a font like this?

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Accelerated Graphics, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Accelerated Graphics

Accelerated Graphics Active Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Burleson
    I use this type of lettering all he time and just cut all the cuts in the letters, it would be nice to be able to just type them in..

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
  3. JBusch260

JBusch260 Active Member

Jan 22, 2013
    It looks like Arial. Are you looking to make Arial a stencil of that sort, or will you add the relief cuts later?

4. Accelerated Graphics

Jan 11, 2005
    Burleson
    Yes I'm looking to make Arial bold into a stencil for the closed letters like A-Q-R-O-P-D-B AND NUMBERS 4-6-8-9-0
    That way i can jut type it in. Thought someone might have a font maker program that could do it so I didnt have to buy a program...
    I'll pay to have it done..

5. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    It's just a stencil style someone made from Helvetica (or Arial ... font-snobs :peace!:) just throw into vector program of choice, type out what you want, convert to outlines, then just cut out your stencil hollows by throwing a geometric shape over it and hitting (simplify in corel, front minus back in AI, etc etc etc) and bobs your uncle, done in 2 minutes ... literally 2 minutes. Probably will take you longer to read through this thread.

6. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    yeah I agree, Arial and then someone punched out for a stencil look...notice the 2 "P"s in PSI, they are punched out inconsistent.

7. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    I don't think he wants to do it manually. He wants to type the letter already done.

I would think it's an already done font (don't know what it is)
    Maybe one of the font designers can do it for you, but I think it would be expensive. They usually design a font with the hopes
    of selling thousands of copies

8. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    Like I said look at the 2 P's they are punched out different, the gaps are not the same and one is punched away from the vertical stroke

9. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

I can convert this into a usable font, no problem. PM me for details.

10. Accelerated Graphics

Jan 11, 2005
    Burleson
    Yes I did the picture I sent. I did about 100 different ones. Just looking to get the font done to be more effiecent

11. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    if it doesnt have to be exactly like yours, look up arial stencil font