• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Has anyone use 3M-IJ680CR-48 on a boat?

hhg98

Hi All,
A local fire department purchased a new rescue boat (aluminum) and they want reflective vinyl graphics in a location where the vinyl would be submerged in water. I don't have experience with putting graphics on a boat so I don't know how the material I have on hand (3M-IJ680CR-48) would hold up. Has anyone used that material on a boat? Or do you have any other material recommendations?

somcalmetim

I am pretty sure 3M does not recommend any graphics below the waterline...I believe this is something you/they would have to test on your own with no warranty...I have done plenty of boats in 3M 180 but usually stay pretty much above the line...some dip in a bit at the back but no real problems...I assume air release adhesive is worse under water as its not meant for wet application in the first place.