• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Has anyone use 3M-IJ680CR-48 on a boat?

hhg98

Hi All,
A local fire department purchased a new rescue boat (aluminum) and they want reflective vinyl graphics in a location where the vinyl would be submerged in water. I don't have experience with putting graphics on a boat so I don't know how the material I have on hand (3M-IJ680CR-48) would hold up. Has anyone used that material on a boat? Or do you have any other material recommendations?

somcalmetim

I am pretty sure 3M does not recommend any graphics below the waterline...I believe this is something you/they would have to test on your own with no warranty...I have done plenty of boats in 3M 180 but usually stay pretty much above the line...some dip in a bit at the back but no real problems...I assume air release adhesive is worse under water as its not meant for wet application in the first place.

hhg98

I am pretty sure 3M does not recommend any graphics below the waterline...I believe this is something you/they would have to test on your own with no warranty...I have done plenty of boats in 3M 180 but usually stay pretty much above the line...some dip in a bit at the back but no real problems...I assume air release adhesive is worse under water as its not meant for wet application in the first place.
That's pretty much what I was told by our vendor as well. Thanks!