• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone used Matrix Mat from X-Edge Tools??

Stissot

Does anyone know anything about X-Edge and this Matrix Mat stuff? I talked to the company and they say it helps with vacuum and holding parts. I have an AXYZ router that I got used and the vacuum doesn't hold anything well. We cut interior and exterior letters for signs out of Aluminum, Acrylic, and PVC and we have trashed so many parts trying to make this thing work. Does anyone have experience with this product or something else that works besides holding them down with a stick? This company has other tools and stuff I want to try but I'm not sure about it because everyone says you should use Onsrud tools.
We are just getting started with all of this so any help would be great.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg7HzWJQBZY
www.xedgetools.com/x-edge-store/MatriX-Mat-Underlay-p104110147

Steve,

Stissot

Thanks for the input, we have 10hp becker pump and an LDF spoil board that the air sucks through. I have seen the drill idea but it seems like more work and most other machines hold it down with vacuum. I think the problem is my 10hp pump is not enough for a 5 x 10 table. I was looking for something to help it without having to buy another pump like I have seen on other machines. The tooling was interesting to me but really I wanted to know about this Matrix mat material and will it help hold parts. I'm going to order some of the mats and I will give an update in a few days if it works like they say. I was also thinking about their razer tool for PVC because I have a bigger job coming up and I think I will try it as well.
thanks,
Steve

Stissot

Hey, Guys sorry for the delay I am trying to get jobs out the door. Ok for the update.

I talked to this guy Jay at X-edge who was super knowledgeable about cutting and he knew the AXYZ systems very well. Long story short I bought the Matrix Mat and 3 of their Razer tools that Jay said would cut Sentra well. I was amazed at how much better the parts held and with just this thin mat under the sheets. I got 3 pieces to cover my 5 x 10 table. I got the Job done without having to babysit the machine and scrap a bunch of the parts. The only Negative on the mats is I did beat it up a little because my tool length or z-axis is not that accurate so I'm not sure the lifespan of it and blowing off the table is harder with this mat on my spoil board but that is an easy workaround with some tacks on the edge.

The Razer tools worked great too but I should have only bought 1 it did the whole job. So I guess I have 2 extra for future projects. It's a weird 3 flute tool with these notches in the sides but the edge finish was way better and no melt back like the Onsrud O-Flute cutter I was using.

I don't want to sound like a commercial for these guys but I was impressed by their knowledge and willingness to help.

Thank you all for your input,

Steve