• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has anyone worked with PACE buses before(Chicago Area)?

Fechin

Recently we've been working with a collision repair company that's been servicing PACE recently. They have older and newer buses, with minute differences we've been discovering. Older buses get the older logo and newer the newer(though its only a minor difference) and they use 3M brand blue reflective on that. Now the buses also have a secondary accent color. I've inspected these first hand on the newer buses and see they've been painted, but were an absolute dead ringer for Oracal Blue 067, and haven't had issue on that. The other buses though, have a slightly different shade. We've matched it to Oracal King Blue 049. The repair place saw no problem with it, however the inspector at PACE is complaining it looks too purple. And if you haven't seen King Blue before, just imagine a royal blue, but slightly darker and duller...right? It like in the absolute medium of the blue hues. I had to wonder what kinda light they're looking it at, and the only thing coming to mind is the high up, bright sodium lights with that slight pinkish glow in them.
So I ask the repair place, what material does PACE say they use? And apparently, with feed back from other places, PACE withholds that information like it's the formula for Coca-cola.
So either PACE is just being a dick to this repair place, cause there's only a few main providers of colored vinyl or its some secret source they're not allowed to let others know about.

Personally, we all think they're just trying to be nit-picky as possible to get out of the repair contract and not pay for what's been done.

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Dealing with collision repair places can be real dicey. They are not the owners of the vehicles, so they are not going to be knowledgeable or care about branding. I would recommend providing sample pieces for PACE to sign off on in the future. In sketch 3rd party deals like this, I always get the END USER to sign off on approvals.

BlueRoseAuto

We also alway get customer to sign off on the material and colors before we start. Same even if dealing with collision repair on graphics. and sometimes because the wrap was on for a few years you cant just replace one part of it. the colors wont match so you replace the entire side with a new graphic

Boudica

I'm here for Educational Purposes
Interesting, we have never worked with the collision repair place when we have to do replacement graphics after an accident. Our only interaction with the collision repair shop is when drop the vehicle off to us when they are done with the repairs - and the paint has had time to cure for the graphics to be applied. We always work with the company that owns the vehicle.