• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Has tech support gotten this bad?

dypinc

Is "printhead 01 voltage failure" a bad printhead? I can't even get a answer from them in 6 hours now.

HP 700W

BigNate

that could be a bad printhead, swap it out and see if the error goes away.... on the HP knowledgebase website people recommend cleaning the contacts to the printhead as well as the ribbon cable that supplies the printhead..... the error is also listed in the manuals that come with a new 700W

(you may want to look at the nozzle area of the printhead using a reflectance microscope - you can see damage to the printhead pretty clearly under a scope.)

BigNate

Does "printhead 01 voltage failure" actually mean the printhead in the #1 slot?
very interesting question --- I typed "hp 700w printhead 01 voltage failure" into google to get my first results. This tends to still be quicker than the electronic manuals...

However, when I change it to "...head 02..." or "...head 03...", etc I do not get similar results offset by position.... so use your own brain and noodle this out, YOU have more data than I do.

dypinc

very interesting question --- I typed "hp 700w printhead 01 voltage failure" into google to get my first results. This tends to still be quicker than the electronic manuals...

However, when I change it to "...head 02..." or "...head 03...", etc I do not get similar results offset by position.... so use your own brain and noodle this out, YOU have more data than I do.
That is interesting and thanks for thinking of this. I was not very confident that the tech really knew what he was doing which is why I questioned if 01 meant slot#1 even though that is what he told me. Ok back to cleaning the contacts and reseating all printhead.

Last edited:

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I get it if this was just to rant but next time the error code would really help if you wanted to know more about it.
And yeah this is really basic error. If you called someone they should definitely be able to give you the help down below. Doesn't really get much easier than this.

1709629931033.png

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
The problem with HP’s US technical support is typically caused by the “national” HP 2-in-1 Resellers that only ship a box and don’t train the end user and give little to no support after the sale. This fills HP’s call queue up with calls for basic support questions and causes delays in replies.

With HP Latex equipment, there is no reason to purchase from these national resellers. The price on the hardware is the same from every dealer. Companies need to start looking for more local support, specifically a HP 3-in-1 reseller who are also service trained. We know the machines better than the 2-in-1 resellers and typically offer quicker resolutions to any issues that may occur.

As for the OP’s original question, Yes Print Head 01 means head 1 in the carriage. The number will update to show the stall that has a bad head in it. Most of these errors are caused by a print head that has failed electrically. This could be from internal or external damage, so you might not see any issues with the head on visual inspections. If the error happens to a print head that has more than one stall in the carriage you can try to swap the heads and see if the error follows the print head. If it does follow the head then the print head is bad, if it doesn’t then there could be something wrong with the contacts on the carriage or the printer needs servicing. If, like in this case, there is only one stall for that head, you would have to put a brand-new head in to see if it works.

dypinc

So at this point they are just going to let me sit. No communication as to the problem. No indication of replacing the printhead under warranty. I ordered a OP printhead and just put it. Will see how it goes.

dypinc

Just a bad OP printhead apparently. Looks like a trace blown out, but who knows if they will replace it under warranty.

netsol

you made me wonder.
you suggest looking with a microscope, so you are assuming physical damage.
it occurs to me that printhead 01 could be in the leading position, so if you hit a media clamp (not sure if this machine uses them) for example, 01 head is first so it "takes the hit"
which might be the reason no one is asking google about 02 or 03 printhead

dypinc

you made me wonder.
you suggest looking with a microscope, so you are assuming physical damage.
it occurs to me that printhead 01 could be in the leading position, so if you hit a media clamp (not sure if this machine uses them) for example, 01 head is first so it "takes the hit"
which might be the reason no one is asking google about 02 or 03 printhead
You need to look at the attachment in post #6 and do a search using 0027-0001-0184, 0027-0001-0284, 0027-0001-0384, etc until 0027-0001-1084

dypinc

After 3 days they finally get back to me and tell me they will replace the printhead under warranty. Of course I had to put in a new head and report back to them that was the problem.

BigNate

You need to look at the attachment in post #6 and do a search using 0027-0001-0184, 0027-0001-0284, 0027-0001-0384, etc until 0027-0001-1084
when a printhead burns out, usually there was a spark or something at the nozzle - checkout your bad printheads, almost all will have some sort of physical damage.... (I mean, it is not a software issue, something actually fails on the printheads, right??? most I have seen look like there was a pretty good explosion - granted I am viewing at 250X magnification

CMY_K?

I get it if this was just to rant but next time the error code would really help if you wanted to know more about it.
And yeah this is really basic error. If you called someone they should definitely be able to give you the help down below. Doesn't really get much easier than this.

View attachment 169998
Is this screenshot from the service manual? If so, do you know where I can find a copy? Thx

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Is this screenshot from the service manual? If so, do you know where I can find a copy? Thx
You can ask your tech if they wanna share it.