• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hate Thieves

unclebun

So I saw this news headline that thieves are now stealing signs in Houston. What on earth would you need to take other people's signs for?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I used to hire kids and give them 5 bucks a sign to bring them back and then offer the people a discount on their "NEW" signs. :popcorn:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Now the news is Astros Coach AJ Finch and GM Jeff Luhnow have been fired.

Apparently stealing signs is a widespread problem in baseball. The Boston Red Sox are currently embroiled in their own sign stealing scandal.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Depends on the type of signs. We had a realtor supposedly get 10 double-sided corrugated yard signs stolen. Turns out it was the city. Just like political signs are required to be removed within a certain period of time too. I think some municipalities even invoke a fine if not complied with.

C

ColoPrinthead

I was corporate at a place that had a division doing directionals which often got stolen by people needing to advertize their yard sales I guess.
I worked for a barricade company that had a sign shop, we had on customer that we would only COD with - One day some of that companies workers didn't have the cash for the sign they needed and told us it would be okay because they would just go steal one to use for their job.

burgmurk

I had some old retired guy come up to me on site recently (we were swapping out some old ACM fascia signs with new panels).
He says "ooh, those old ones will be worth some money!"
I just fobbed him off and got on with it, but later while visiting my mum who was watching "American Pickers", i figured out where he got the idea.