• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Haunted machine. Weired irregular problems.

pancarta.es

Okey, see if anyone can solve this one.

I got a Seiko Colorpainter 100s/ HP 10 000 and recently it has started to give strange and irregular problems.

The problem started when printing 4 pass in Fine draft mode.
Suddenly yellow started failing on the left hand side.
It started like a gradient from left to right and then after a while completely failed.

In testing after cleaning everything and i mean everything in starts printing fine the first 30cm then comes the gradient from right to left again. But after another 5 cm it starts to recover from right to left, and in a 1m by 1 m square it prints a triangle shape. Never seen anything like it with any of our machines before. I explain it to our tech and they even have a hard time believing it.

To get back on track, i cross cabels with the magenta head and the information comes fine and it prints a solid magenta. So i make a conclusion and i install a new head, problem is same thing happens.

Now this is where the shit starts to get really weird. I decide to test another CR board and then the problem jumps from yellos to magenta???

I swith head cables and all of a sudden it works perfect again. For about 4 hours and the problem is back and again it is the yellow.

To make things even stranger during all of this it prints perfectly on 8 pass and 2 pass. Untill this morning when it starts failing on 8 pass too.

So i download another 4 pass print profile for the rip. Fire away and what do you know. It prints perfect again on 4 pass??? But still nothing on 8 pass printing? I have now printed some 30m2 and all in solid green and it is perfect. But, i have to say i am very worried my problem will from out of nothing come back to haunt me.

My suspicions are mainboard problem, over current problems, or if it could be the PC i am printing from or the Rip software?

Any ideas? Anyone?

/David

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i had a similar problem in a roland machine a few years ago, couldn't figure it out for 6-8 months... ended up shelving the unit for almost a year. i replaced everything and couldn't figure out the wacky fades and cutout's i was having....

then i figured it out... i had always used ink well past the expiration date. once i started using only fresh ink, the problem went away....

good luck

pancarta.es

Thanks

Thanks for trying buddy,

Problem is, like i said i cleaned everything. I flushed all tubing and the head.
Even installed a new one, same result. I cleaned out pumps, changed caps, replaced all inks with brand new from manufacturer.

Some days it is fine, brilliant really. The next minute it is only rubbish coming out.

Again, thank you for trying
>D

FrankenSigns.biz

I had a haunted machine. I bought it from a lady who told me it belonged to her husband who had been murdered with an ice pick. That machine would print stuff at night even when the computer was turned off. I am not kidding. I had to get rid of it. I sold it to a guy at a funeral home.

J Hill Designs

might be that as the the head carriage moves across, the lines to the dampers get kinked/unkinked as the "line-holder-thingamajig" moves

god i hope that makes sense

Gabriel

I had a haunted machine. I bought it from a lady who told me it belonged to her husband who had been murdered with an ice pick. That machine would print stuff at night even when the computer was turned off. I am not kidding. I had to get rid of it. I sold it to a guy at a funeral home.
:)) I was laughing my brains out!!

pancarta.es

Yes, that is extremely humorous. I believe ill have to be sent to mental institution now since i simply cant stop laughing. I will send your wife an ice pick as a thank you for the great input and for teaching me to look at the brighter side of life.

pancarta.es

At this point i am starting to wonder if these problems could be related to the scsi cables or the drivers in pc. The quality of the print is significantly better after a reboot of the pc.

/D

Quix

Have you checked the encoder strip?
I have an HP9000 who was printing erratically since it got dirt in the encoder...

MachServTech

Encoders will yield this kind of anomaly, but so will other board failures in the seiko cp. The carriage has a lot of travel, the head cables get a lot of wear. Inspect these for wear spots, especially the edges.

Just like you eat an elephant... one bite at a time.