Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have CorelDraw X3 and ValueJet 48"

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by coolstuff, Feb 6, 2008.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    We have alot of equipment and our newest additions are the Mutoh ValueJet 1204 48" and the Ultima Plotter. Would like to print from CorelDraw to the ValueJet. I have Flexi 8, but work alot in CorelDraw X3 and Omega 2.6. It would be really nice if I could print to the ValueJet with Corel and plot to the Ultima plotter with Omega. Is this possible? The folks from Denco Sales, who we purchased the equipment from say no way, but we have found that they are your typical salesmen, they lie!! Can anyone help?

Tags:
  2. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    The Valuejet printer requires a software RIP. CorelDRAW is not a RIP, and the RIP in Omega will not drive the Mutoh printer. There are many RIPs which will drive that machine, including Flexi-Pro, Onyx, and Wasatch.

Bob

3. Matt Cuellar

Matt Cuellar Active Member

Oct 5, 2006
    None of the programs you use are print/cut rips. You need to use a full rip like Flexi, Sign Lab 7, Wasatch, or Onyx.

4. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    just export you graphic from corel and import into flexi, I do that all the time because I like to work in Corel.

5. chopper

chopper Very Active Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Big Lake MN
    if you are using the print cut version of flexi what air art girl says //chopper

6. gtjet

gtjet Active Member

Jun 3, 2005
    There is a trick to cut the contour of the imported image in Flexi from Corel but it is not difficult and you may already use it on other printed images imported in to Flexi. If not just magic wand the imported image. Hit Shift control I and then go to the bitmap menu and select convert shape to marquee. Turn the marquee a color different from the printed image, give it a contour cut and send it to the back. You can even do the holes in the object this way if there are any, of course you do not need to invert the holes, just convert them to a marquee. Good luck.

7. studio10

studio10 Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Novi Sad, Serbia
    Great advice

GTJET thanks for advice.
    Have signshop with old Encad and Mutoh printers and Roland cutter. I have two PC. I use one for Corel, Photoshop and Ilustrator. Second for RIP.