• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have CorelDraw X3 and ValueJet 48"

coolstuff

We have alot of equipment and our newest additions are the Mutoh ValueJet 1204 48" and the Ultima Plotter. Would like to print from CorelDraw to the ValueJet. I have Flexi 8, but work alot in CorelDraw X3 and Omega 2.6. It would be really nice if I could print to the ValueJet with Corel and plot to the Ultima plotter with Omega. Is this possible? The folks from Denco Sales, who we purchased the equipment from say no way, but we have found that they are your typical salesmen, they lie!! Can anyone help?

The Valuejet printer requires a software RIP. CorelDRAW is not a RIP, and the RIP in Omega will not drive the Mutoh printer. There are many RIPs which will drive that machine, including Flexi-Pro, Onyx, and Wasatch.

Bob

Matt Cuellar

None of the programs you use are print/cut rips. You need to use a full rip like Flexi, Sign Lab 7, Wasatch, or Onyx.

Air Art Girl

just export you graphic from corel and import into flexi, I do that all the time because I like to work in Corel.

gtjet

There is a trick to cut the contour of the imported image in Flexi from Corel but it is not difficult and you may already use it on other printed images imported in to Flexi. If not just magic wand the imported image. Hit Shift control I and then go to the bitmap menu and select convert shape to marquee. Turn the marquee a color different from the printed image, give it a contour cut and send it to the back. You can even do the holes in the object this way if there are any, of course you do not need to invert the holes, just convert them to a marquee. Good luck.

studio10

Great advice

GTJET thanks for advice.
Have signshop with old Encad and Mutoh printers and Roland cutter. I have two PC. I use one for Corel, Photoshop and Ilustrator. Second for RIP.