• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have I confused you?

hotrod46

Just jump right in. I just bought a JV-3 160SP for a great price.
The deal was made even better because it included Wasatch 5.1.
Even better was the inclusion of $300 roll of media and $1600 inks.
Noticed when I got back to Tallahassee that there were 3 copies
of RasterPrint included, 4.1, 4.5, 5.0. Boy am I happy. Oops!
The copy of Wasatch 5.1 was loaded on the sellers computer
and they did not include (or have) a disk. The disk I have is for
4.5, the dongle for 5.1. Plan 2, install RasterPrint, I have 3 copies
with 3 dongles, 2 parallel and 1 USB. The install returns ONLY
the error your security settings are blocking the program. I have here
also an old copy of Wasatch 4.1, and an older ONYX. Anyone
care to advise me what to do with all this software?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Well - Rasterlink (I'm assuming that is what you mean by Rasterprint - I've never heard of Rasterprint) from Mimaki is going to run the printer well and will have a lot of stock profiles available. Me personally, I'd try to get Rasterlink version 5 going with the USB dongle. I'd suggest finding the readme for installing it. That will advise you on things like it getting blocked - it needs you to allow it through your Windows firewall. You will also need the Firewire driver installed for the printer as well and ideally you will have a firewire card or on-board firewire port that is Texas Instruments based.

I believe Rasterlink is an OEM version of Wasatch and version 4.1 is the same essentially as Rasterlink 5....

You can download the driver as well as updates and profiles for Rasterlink from Mimaki http://eng.mimaki.co.jp/

You have a good ways to go.....

hotrod46

Well - Rasterlink (I'm assuming that is what you mean by Rasterprint - I've never heard of Rasterprint) from Mimaki is going to run the printer well and will have a lot of stock profiles available. Me personally, I'd try to get Rasterlink version 5 going with the USB dongle. I'd suggest finding the readme for installing it. That will advise you on things like it getting blocked - it needs you to allow it through your Windows firewall. You will also need the Firewire driver installed for the printer as well and ideally you will have a firewire card or on-board firewire port that is Texas Instruments based.

I believe Rasterlink is an OEM version of Wasatch and version 4.1 is the same essentially as Rasterlink 5....

You can download the driver as well as updates and profiles for Rasterlink from Mimaki http://eng.mimaki.co.jp/

You have a good ways to go.....

Yes, yes, RasterLink. Have the firewire card installed, the Mimaki drivers and the color profiles. Thanks to your valuable input seems I have just 2 choices. Read the dang instructions or call Mr. Fujitas' personal line at Mimaki and ask him why it won't load. I am doing this alongside getting the printer running and there are also work priorities. Thank you for weighing in.