• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

have JV33. How to start with flags?

Quark

Merchant Member
Hi Guys, we have an old JV33-160 we are not able to sell, so I was wondering if we can use it to play with low cost entry level flag production. My understanding is we can simply swap the SS21 solvent ink it has to Mimaki sublimation ink and start printing on sublimation paper? The other step would be to buy an old used calendar to transfer the print onto the fabric. Am I missing anything?

suggestions what sub paper to buy; what flag material; and where to look for a used calendar are greatly appreciated!

thanks!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The process to switch from solvent to dye sub is a little more complicated and you could end up needing a new head. It all depends on how the flushing process goes and how old the head is. The correct way to switch is to empty the machine of ink, flush it a couple times with solvent flushing solution, empty the flushing solution and then change the dampers. Now you flush with aqueous flushing solution a couple times and then empty the system and fill with dye sub ink. You will also have to trick the machine into thinking is is a dye sub machine now which takes a few parameter changes. Overall I think you have a good idea to keep a printer from going to waste. Just be ready to spend some dough on a head because the changing process can be about a 50/50 chance of success without having a bunch of clogged nozzles. I would probably start out with a new cap top, wiper and pump as well just to be sure.