• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have to move the shop :-(

Prairieboy

Best advice for moving a printer, slow carefull strap it down and don't let just any pretty boy manhandle it. Good luck in your new location

Mosh

Be sure to lock the head with the little blue brace. Sorry, great time of year to get this kind of notice! You and yours are in my family's prayers!

anothersign

Do a pump up and lock the head...if you dont do a pump up you will have a mess you dont want....pump up lock head remove waste bottle...move away...im a tech and we move them all the time with no problems.

Malkin

We moved our shop a couple of months ago. I too was worried about moving our printer.[sp300v]. We went strictly by the manual. It will tell you all the little details you might not think about. Be sure and remove the waste bottle.

We put the printer in the back of the moving truck, secured it to the sides so it would not move. We only moved about 5 miles and everything went smooth as silk.

One thing I would suggest for the move. Have a layout of your new building showing where everything from the old building will go. Pack the truck according to the new layout so when you take stuff off the truck, it has a place, not just in the middle of the floor. If it's possible, move all the desks, computers, scanners, etc first. This way someone can be plugging stuff in to make sure all systems are go. If there are any problems with the net, phone and such, it can be taken care of ASAP.

When you get the printer hooked up, run a test ASAP. This way the inks will not have a chance to dry in the lines. We had no communication problems at all when we hooked the computer to the printer.

Hope this helps
Dave

+1

We moved our shop about 2 weeks ago (including the vp540) and this was close to our experience as well. Though all I did for the printer was use the blue brace to lock the heads in place (have to remove knife). Oh, and I wrapped it completely with plastic wrap to keep dust/dirt out. We only moved about 5 minutes away. It really helps to have a floorplan ready and hire good networking people. When we plugged in it was like there had been no change.

Mason

Make sure you lock the printhead and dont unplug it until you are ready to move it, then move it and set it right up and get it running, should be no problem Stace. Finding space is another issue.. cant help ya there..

TheSnowman

Basically when we moved, we kinda did what everyone else has said. I called Advantage to get any tips that they may have...they said since it wasn't a long move, (15 minutes) that I should just duct tape the head in place so it can't move. Did that, strapped it down, no issues in an enclosed trailer.

Bly

If your network is functioning properly now there's no reason why that will change if all you're doing is unplugging then re connecting everything.

Re moving the printer the others are correct. Lock the head with the blue brace then plug it in as soon as you can after you arrive.

earplug

Don't forget the Phone/Data company. I could take more than 30 days to get that Ordered and installed!

Jack

HulkSmash

We moved in July to a 5,000 sq-ft place. It may seem like a depressing time, but once you get all moved in you'll be glad it happened. Some thing to remember when your moving you have to give your phone company at least 30 days notice and let them know you're moving, and you want the same number - for some reason it's a long process. Also try to let your printers be unplugged more than 2-3 days if you can help it.

Good luck.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Well... finding space has been a challenge. But I think we've settled on one. 2500 sf (up from the 1800 we now have). Will take a couple weeks for the build-out once the lease has been signed... but we'll be moving one way or another by the end of the month.

I am sooooo not ready for this. Have a dozen vehicle to be done before we go and time is at a premium!

Marlene

sorry to hear that you have such a short time to find a new place to go to! did you save any of the packing material that came with the printer? hope so as it comes in handy when you need to move it. little side advice, mark all your cords with some making tape so you know what went where. best wishes Stacy!