• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Have you been getting these................... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Since yesterday, we've been bombarded with advertisements from vendors out the wazoo about how they intend to conduct themselves with their close attention towards the the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are taking the necessary steps to ensure our ability to safely deliver the products and services your businesses expect and require from us. Including keeping our facility clean and disinfected. Yadda-yadda-yadda.................. The reason, I know this is bogus is becasue a lot of it's from vendors, I don't even use, let alone businesses not even in my line of work. They're just crawling outta the woodwork, looking for business. Can't blame 'em for that, just the way they're going about it.

It just seems like such a cheap sales gimmick at a time, when we don't need the harassment. My garage mechanic called me with news on my one vehicle being worked on. Actually, it was his wife and she said something, I questioned her and she bit my head off. I heard him, in the background saying, no, you said the wrong thing, to his wife. She apologized, I said, not necessary and she almost cried on the phone about the great stress they're under with this vitus thing.

I just don't think it's a very professional way of getting your name out there.

Anyone else seeing this trend ??​

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Been getting them all day long. I don't need them nor do I care. If I wana read your statement about it I'll go to your website.

Was ordering some Gemini letters and WOW, their statement makes it sound like they are ready for an all out virus-war. :thumb:

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Ours has mostly been them sending emails to say that even though China is closed we’ve not to panic buy all the stock!

The sales guy has left us alone for a bit though so that’s ideal!

iprint

Just got off the phone with an EFI rep asking if I am considering adding a new Pro 32R to help boost production. While I would love to, I work in the trade show industry that is at a complete standstill with no production to boost... We will be lucky to have work by May I am guessing.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The restart from this is going to be slow. Its fast going down but slow to restart. We'll probably find all those postponements will turn into "next years".

Going forward after this scare we'll be on pins and needles

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I p!$$ed off a waitress yesterday....my bad. It was fairly busy, and as we sat down, I asked her if this was the "storm before the calm" (all our restaurants and bars were to close at 3 pm yesterday).

Needless to say, I made it up to her with a tip almost equivalent to our check.

JB

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I'm guessing that business is slacking off all over and these advertisers have little to do other than send out feelers. The virus just gives them an excuse.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to notice, many of them say the same exact thing, just altered to fit their particular needs. I guess you can 'google' how to approach this kinda spam and gear it towards you own cheap advertisement.