Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever heard of Cupric?

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by Randy101, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Randy101

Randy101 Member

Jan 4, 2007
    PA
    Have you ever heard of the font Cupric? A customer came in today and requested this font on their sign. Where can I locate this font? I did a search on the web and came up empty. Any help would be great!
    Thanks so much!!

:thankyou:

Tags:
  2. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    No....

doubt if that's the correct name....
    cyrillic??

3. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    Are you sure of that spelling? Could it be cooperic?... a knock-off name for cooper. Thinking about it a bit more...Could it be "Cupertino"? Another thought....."Cupric" is another name associated with Copper II (metals) Example: Cupric Sulfate, The "Cupric" that you are looking for could be a knock-off of "Copperplate". Damn, I hate knock-off font names!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  4. MobileImpact

MobileImpact Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    If you have a sample of the type he's looking for, post it and we can try to match it up.

Kevin

5. Randy101

Randy101 Member

Jan 4, 2007
    PA
    Thanks for all your help! I don't have a sample of what it looks like...the guy just said that was the name of the font he wanted. I had him spell it to me because I never heard of it...and he spelled it Cupric.

I will just do up the design with the fonts you requested and go from there.

Thanks again!!

:U Rock:

6. Air Art Girl

Air Art Girl Very Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    it might be some font associated with a specific consumer based graphic program. Maybe they have the font on their computer.

7. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    ask the customer where he heard of this font like AAgirl stated it might be program specific, therefor a knockoff of a known font with name changed to protect the innocent?