• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rant Have you printed that yet?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
a virus is spreading, and it did not originate in China. It's the famous RUSH job - "how fast can you turn this around". THEN - after you get their crisis on the printer and it's just about finished printing..... "Have you printed that yet? We updated the art and we need this printed instead".
:banghead: It just keeps happening - not just one client either - it's like a disease that is spreading, infecting everyone. Is it just us?

2B

there is also the dreaded HURRY AND WAIT bacteria,
where the customer has to have it "yesterday" only then let it sit in the office for WEEKS before coming and getting the product(s)

rjssigns

Few summers ago we lettered a boat...on a Saturday. Get it done, Rush, Hair on Fire, Drop Dead Date, lions and tigers and bears Oh my!!!

6 weeks later it's still there.:confused:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
there is also the dreaded HURRY AND WAIT bacteria,
where the customer has to have it "yesterday" only then let it sit in the office for WEEKS before coming and getting the product(s)
RIGHT?! We have that as well.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Typically happens with plastic signs that accumulate. We call it the "Coro-Nah,I'll pickituplater" virus here. And you thought it was something new....

JB

Last edited:

JetPress

We had some strange experiences like that. One I won't forget is someone paid extra upfront for some 4x8 ft signs they needed the next day.....and they never came back to pick them up and never answered our calls. Its been sitting in the back of our building for about 6 years now.

Andy D

Few summers ago we lettered a boat...on a Saturday. Get it done, Rush, Hair on Fire, Drop Dead Date, lions and tigers and bears Oh my!!!

6 weeks later it's still there.:confused:
I think I would have charged that customer a storage fee via a weekend fishing trip at the end of every week
they failed to pick the boat up.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’ve been getting a lot of customers recently that just blatantly admit to not looking at their proofs.

we even have a separate sign off sheet that they need to sign and date electronically and they still don’t look at the proofs. Surely if you go through that you’d at least take a peep at the other PDF? No?

with regards to the virus situation, people that get the “I need if yesterday” virus seem to be more susceptible to catching the “have you printed that yet I made some changes” bug too. Ugh.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Boudica said:
a virus is spreading, and it did not originate in China. It's the famous RUSH job - "how fast can you turn this around". THEN - after you get their crisis on the printer and it's just about finished printing..... "Have you printed that yet? We updated the art and we need this printed instead".

I blame some of this problem on the blatantly fictional ways how computer technology and graphics technology is portrayed in movies and TV shows. Some people just think all it takes to whip out some design is just rapidly type some gibberish into the keyboard and, pow, it's done almost instantly.

In some respects the computer is actually slower for some tasks. I can sketch a drawing by hand on paper faster than using a mouse and keyboard. These days I'll often use an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil to create hand-drawn items to remove the steps of having to scan a paper drawing. Then I'll manually vectorize the sketch. The end result is both more natural look and precise. But that process is not fast like the bull$#!+ shown on CSI: Miami or whatever. Customers can't just walk into our office and expect the whole job to be done while they wait.