• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Have you replaced your JV3 recently?

When did you stop using your JV3?

• Total voters

NZDR-Payne

I'm curious how many of you have decommissioned (no longer using) your Mimaki JV3 in the past three months? Six months? Year?

Have the recent new printer "blow out" prices enticed you to upgrade and put your JV3 out to pasture, so to speak?

Letterbox Mike

We replaced our JV3 with our Epson GS6000 in January of this year. Really regret not getting another JV33 instead (we already had one JV33).

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Got a JV33-160 in August last year. Pretty much stopped running the JV3 a week before we got it due to a failed firewire board.

TheSnowman

I bought my JV3 6 years ago and still going strong. The only things I've had to replace are one damper, and I've put pumps in it twice. I don't know what normal printers do...but I'm happy w/ my setup and would probably buy a Mimaki again.

Been running my Mimaki for a year now, (I believe the owner purchased it two years ago) And I love it so much! haven't had many issues. I've replaced the pump and capping station so far.

gabagoo

Had mine for over 5 years and have only replaced the capping station and the tech said it really didn't need to be done....ha!!

Good maintenance practices prove to make printers last long.

I have been thinking lately to buy a new printer but i just don't get excited anymore over change like I did when I was younger. learning curves really suck these days lol

My Edge is near 15 years old and I have never had it serviced once!

wildside

we have had our jv3 for almost 5 years now and never replaced anything in it yet.

i am absolutely anal with the maintenance on it:Cool 2:

gabagoo

we have had our jv3 for almost 5 years now and never replaced anything in it yet.

i am absolutely anal with the maintenance on it:Cool 2:

anal maintenance proves to be worth it. I read about these guys blowing their lines and sucking ink....I not sure if they in the printing business or if they own massage parlours!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::clapping:

MikePro

my jv3 is over 6yrs old and still kickin! Just replaced 4 heads over the last 2 years, a y-motor, 1/2 ink pumps, and 2 capping station captops with a full set of new dampers.

O, and a pair of Roland ribbon cables because I accidentally ordered the wrong part... same cables, just longer :) Got em hooked around another set of cables and you can't even tell the difference.

artbot

jv3 160sp is a military issue printer. it's a shame that one ever gets mothballed or neglected. the only problem is the highway robbery prices for dx4 heads. the real price should be about $250 a piece.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Also very much agree.... the JV33 is pretty much the same as far as being a workhorse goes. Only reason we switched over was luck of the draw timing on running across a bank repo deal - got our JV33-160, a Summa S-160T, and FlexiSign Pro 8.6 with it's dongle for right at 11k. Cost me another $600 to get it all shipped here. The luck part was I happend across the deal on the 2 machines right when the fireware board was starting to flake out. The excitment of the new toys left the old JV3 to neglect. That machine did me good for many years.

slopoke

I bought a JV33 just a little over a year ago and have slowly stopped using the JV3 over that period of time. I keep trying to put things on it, but the quality and the speed are so much better on the JV33 that I end up taking it off and moving it to the 33 anyway. Now my 33 is so full that I'm seriously looking at the JV34-260.

jayhawksigns

Replaced our eight year old JV3 there months ago or so. Still on, do weekly cleanings and test prints, thinking about letting it go now that I am comfortable with our L25500.

MikeD

Replaced our eight year old JV3 there months ago or so. Still on, do weekly cleanings and test prints, thinking about letting it go now that I am comfortable with our L25500.

It may be cheaper to flush the lines as the cleaning fluid is cheaper than ink if you don't plan to use it regularly.

I put mine in storage and brought in four JV33's. I am about to resurrect it though (with all the helpful info I've received for this forum (thanks ArtBot!)

JV3 is a reliable machine. Maintenance is key...I also try not to run 3rd party inks through any of our inkjets... To me it's like shooting bird shot through a rifled barrel; you'll still hit your target, but thrash the rifling.

Dave Rowland

Jv3-160S, loyal for 8 years replaced with L25500 HP

AGFA UV M2050 also here

The solvent didnt get any use and seized up, HP tradeback program gave us plenty of money for it

thewood

We ran a JV3 for about 8 years until we started having board issues. I really can't say enough good things about the JV3--it was a workhorse that we kept running day and (often) night. We ran Triangle JVS inks pretty much from day one with fantastic results and savings.

We replaced it with a JV33 earlier this year and have been very pleased. If you like your JV3, you will love the JV33.