• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Having a problem with my gerber gs15

CW West

I have a part time business engraving death dates on headstones and I use a gerber gs 15 for my stencil needs. It cuts the dates on the stencil but the head doesn't pick up off the stencil after cutting each letter and number. Therefore, it makes dragging cuts as it's going from one letter or number to the next. I had the depth set at 0.5 and adjusted it to 3 and it's still doing the same thing. The stencil is pressed down good on the roller so I just dont know what else to do. I hope this makes since and that someone can help me with it. Thank you in advance.
Edit... I've added 2 pictures so I hope this helps. The first is actually with the knife and the second is with the pen so you can see what doing.
20190412_231949.jpg
20190413_213850.jpg
20190412_231949.jpg 20190413_213850.jpg
20190412_231949.jpg
20190413_213850.jpg

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
There is a little adjustment shoe (pad) that rides on the cam bar at the back of the plotter. See if you can adjust it out further so it lifts the knife higher. If it is at the end of its adjustment, it most likely has worn out and needs to be replaced.

I've attached some photos from the manual. PM me if you'd like the entire manual in .pdf

JB

Attachments

• GS15Plus_Users_Manual_Page_67.jpg
    GS15Plus_Users_Manual_Page_67.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 281
  • GS15Plus_Users_Manual_Page_68.jpg
    GS15Plus_Users_Manual_Page_68.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 268
  • GS15Plus_Users_Manual_Page_69.jpg
    GS15Plus_Users_Manual_Page_69.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 276
  • GS15Plus_Users_Manual_Page_70.jpg
    GS15Plus_Users_Manual_Page_70.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

CW West

There is a little adjustment shoe (pad) that rides on the cam bar at the back of the plotter. See if you can adjust it out further so it lifts the knife higher. If it is at the end of its adjustment, it most likely has worn out and needs to be replaced.

JB

CW West

James burke thanks for your reply. I'm assuming it's the adjustment knob on the back that turns the little arrow on the side of the head from 0 to 7?? It does lift the knife. If so then I had it set at 0.5 then I adjusted it to 3. I will try to adjust it higher but its barely cutting the stencil as it is at 3. So idk if that will help.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
No...that adjustment knob sets the knife pressure. Take a look at the photos in my first reply.

JB

It's most likely the motor collar has slipped or moved. I've seen it before on my HS15s. Check your manual--it's an easy adjustment. Turn on the machine (so it initializes itself), loosen the collar, turn the shaft so the knife is in the highest position, tighten collar and put it all back together. You can also adjust the foot for a little higher lift, but the knife dragging that deep as shown in your photos indicates the cam position has to be reset.

CW West

It's most likely the motor collar has slipped or moved. I've seen it before on my HS15s. Check your manual--it's an easy adjustment. Turn on the machine (so it initializes itself), loosen the collar, turn the shaft so the knife is in the highest position, tighten collar and put it all back together. You can also adjust the foot for a little higher lift, but the knife dragging that deep as shown in your photos indicates the cam position has to be reset.

Thanks for your reply. I had to adjust the foot pad. Once I done this it started working perfectly. Thanks to james burke for the help.