• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having a problem with the black on my 300v *with pics*

heavyt

Having a problem I did a cleaning and changed the wiper for the black/blue head also changed out the foam pad as well. I did two medium cleanings and one reg cleaning from left to right. I also put cleaning solution in the caps and let soak for a couple hours. I know the blue and black are on the same head and the blue isn't having a problem at all. Has anyone come across anything like this with their 300v?

Attachments

• IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 114

Mosh

Take the cover off and look down and see if there is any ink in the machine. I bet it is a pump. Common problem and a new style pump is only $100 or so. We had the same problem, the print looked the same are yours.

Mosh

Just one. It runs all the ink. The old style pumps wear holes in the ink line and thus one color gets messed up. If your machine older than two years then you have the old style pump. Not a big deal, it freaked me out when it happened, but it is easy to fix.

If I remember the old style had white ink lines. I will check in the morning when I am at the shop. Take a close look down low in and if you see ink that is it.

Tom

My test prints have looked like that since I bought the machine (Used) 4 years ago.
I replaced the pumps, did all cleaning options, etc. It really has not affected my print quality... If you do get it corrected, you probably won't notice a difference either.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Remember one thing.... on most of the Roland machines.... the black head is what suffers the most in head strikes and any other coming in contact of anything...... edges, media and bubbles. So it is usually the first head to go.

I would do one or two more power cleans and wipe and clean everything down real good. If it doesn't clear up to the point of no blanks... I would think you need a head.

Out da box

Make sure your caps are clearing properly and do a thorough manual cleaning. Everytime something goes a little funny- the first thing people yell is- " you're gonna need a new head." 2 grand worth of B.S.! Like people have that kind of money to blow.

The black head is the one which takes a beating, but the print quality should still be fine judging by your test prints.

GTSTech_1

Your black has alot of "Deflection", which means when the head fires the jetted ink is not being layed down straight. The cause is dried ink, or something foregin in the nozzle channel.

You said you filled the cap top with cleaning solution, but did you turn off the mainpower. You need the mainpower otherwise when the machince wakes up to perform it's little cleaning cylce, it will end your nozzle wash.
Fill the captops, if the solution doesn't stay in the cap, pinch the captop tube, fill then power off (main power). let it sit overnight, next day remove your clips (if used), power up, run a medium clean...if you have less deflection, then do the nozzle wash overnight again.

My .02

GTSTech_1

Compilla

Make sure your caps are clearing properly and do a thorough manual cleaning. Everytime something goes a little funny- the first thing people yell is- " you're gonna need a new head." 2 grand worth of B.S.! Like people have that kind of money to blow.

The black head is the one which takes a beating, but the print quality should still be fine judging by your test prints.

Ditto.

May be time to soak the head.

Last edited: