• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having hard time sending file

shuv76

Hello ,, I am trying to send a file to a customer as a cdr file but they cannot open it . I have corel draw. should I be sending it as another type of file and if so , what would that be. Any help is appreciated. thanks ,, Paul

RebeckaR

Does your customer also have CorelDraw?
If not, export it as an EPS if you are trying to send a vector or a jpg if you are sending a proof for the customer to look at.

dwt

File>export or
File>publish to pdf or
File>publish to web

Whatever you do get a deposit or your client might shop your design all over town.

G-Artist

Let me be an asshole here because it is Friday and I need to vent.

Seemingly, there is no file transfer problem whatsoever. So, those of us who may have insight into NET and Web transfer protocols wasted our time viewing this thread.

As I see it, there was a complete failure to communicate as to the FORMAT the client could use to view a file.

Did anyone ask????

Obviously, the client does not have Corel Draw. Even if they did it is possible the wrong file version was used making the work unviewable. Again, a failure to communicate at the most basic level.

Options are limited. Send the file as a raster graphic (as stated) which is viewable in any picture viewer or send it as an EPS (with header) and tell the client to use something like Ifran Viewer which will open an EPS with a header.

A Corel user not knowing the difference between or how to use 'save as' and 'export'...hmmm. Did they buy it yesterday?

They walk among us and they vote.....scary.

Sorry for being such a butthead...but it is Friday after a grueling week of dealing with political campaigns.