• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having problems with 3M180C V3 PLEASE HELP

CUBICHE

Owner
Hi, I am rookie on car wrap. I print on 3m controltac IJ180cv3 and laminated with 8518 laminate. After few days the vinyl is puling back to his original stage (please see the picture attach). What can be my solution to this problem with out printing the panel again.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 161
Warm the vinyl and push into the channel. Then with a heat gun and thermometer, heat vinyl to around 200 degrees. Use a 3m roller, and roll the channel breaking the memory and wetting out the adhesive. Should stay down just fine. Keep the heat gun moving, don't just hold in one spot to achieve the proper temp. And make sure it is layed in the channel prior to post heating of it will burn a hole in the vinyl.

DirtyD

Also..next time you wrap with channels like that you can rub some 3M primer in the channel before applying to help hold it down