• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having problems with vertical banding

Print Com

I am running production house 7 on a Mimaki jv3-160. I provided a pic of This weird vertical banding. It the cmy vertical bands. Not sure what's causing this. Is this from head allienment. Or some thing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 118

Print Com

Nozzle check is ok. The yellow seems aliitle out and cyan out alittle. But when I went thru the head calibration it seemed like it was ok.

Thanks

particleman

By the way the pattern is offset on the 2nd pass makes me think you have something on that exact spot on your encoder strip. Look for as splatter of cleaning fluid or ink. This is pretty common.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check the encoder strip for damage or ink splatter. I would clean it with some rubbing alcohol just to be safe. Other than that it could be an electronic malfunction but I would definitely start with the encoder strip.

MikePro

looks like its actually printing the lines of magenta in the wrong spot, exposing the yellow that is laying where it should.
+1 encoder strip and/or sensor cleaning