• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Having severe printhead clog on my Roland xc-540 - Help!

Signturesigns

Ok so when conducting a test print my dark cyan A bank showed missing nossles in the center of the print. It was causing poor printing so I did some normal cleanings and the clogs seem pretty stubborn. So I did a powerful wash and jut wasted all my ink and still no improvements.Next I tried a head soak overnight with solution it actually made the cyan blue ink totally clogged! So looks like it made it worse. Now that Im in a terrible place with a completely clogged print head Im thinking about doing a manual flush using my manual to navigate into the tubings and flush the line. Has anyone done this before? or have a video to link me to? I do not have the funds to call a service tech.

JulieS

Did you try any regular cleanings/test prints after your head soak? Sometimes takes a little work to get all that cleaning solution cleared out, in my experience.

Signturesigns

That must be the problem in terms of trying to get all that solution to clear out. I ended up worse then when I started! Image 1138 is where I started and began soaking the printhead overnight. Image 3648 is where I am today... as I continue cleaning it is not getting better. I think I should try a head flush using a syringe and tubing... have you done that before?

Attachments

• IMG_1138.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 421
  • IMG_3658.JPG
    IMG_3658.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 665

NCTech

What is the condition of your cap tops? Roland recommends annual replacement. The pumps can only prime the heads if the caps make a good seal to the nozzle plate.

Physically check for ink in your cartridges. (Pull out and tilt back and forward).

Remove the pump cover... disconnect the captop lines from pump 1 and use a syringe to draw about 5-10cc of ink. (Pull slowly and evenly). If no resistance is felt replace your caps. (Roland P/N 1000004546).

E Coloney

Looks like a classic cap top problem. Change cap tops and springs. Use the genuine Roland cap tops, not the knock-offs. Yeah, the knock-offs are MUCH cheaper but look at all the trouble they can be.