• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Having to rebuild my Mutoh 1638x...

ricko13

Well the worse case scenario happened...mutoh was packed into storage and not long cycled for storage. Result, unit turns on and nothing is coming out of the print heads. I've gone through the process of cleaning the heads, long cycling the machine, etc...still the same result.

Speaking with Mutoh's techs they said I'm going to need new heads along with ink lines.

Anyone know of any resources to purchase the heads/lines for cheap? I've looked around and each head is running around $1700 or so.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you did the long store cycle did any ink move through the system? Did you try flushing the heads manually yet?

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
I suggest you stick a solvent cleaning cart on each ink bay and flush ink out with a syringe. If the lines clean out you don't need to replace them. You should replace the maintenance station print head and dampers. I have DX7 haed and dampers 1600. Maint. station is around 500.