Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Having to rebuild my Mutoh 1638x...

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by ricko13, Apr 20, 2020.

1. ricko13

ricko13 New Member

Sep 19, 2019
    Burlington
    Well the worse case scenario happened...mutoh was packed into storage and not long cycled for storage. Result, unit turns on and nothing is coming out of the print heads. I've gone through the process of cleaning the heads, long cycling the machine, etc...still the same result.

Speaking with Mutoh's techs they said I'm going to need new heads along with ink lines.

Anyone know of any resources to purchase the heads/lines for cheap? I've looked around and each head is running around $1700 or so.

Tags:
  2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    When you did the long store cycle did any ink move through the system? Did you try flushing the heads manually yet?

3. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    I suggest you stick a solvent cleaning cart on each ink bay and flush ink out with a syringe. If the lines clean out you don't need to replace them. You should replace the maintenance station print head and dampers. I have DX7 haed and dampers 1600. Maint. station is around 500.