• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having trouble finding someone who can make these brass plaques...

HWPhilly

Hi, I am having trouble finding someone that can make polished brass plaques w/ the two beveled edges similar to the attached photos. In the past I posted on here and got some great recommendations for companies that I use to this day so I figured I'd give it another shot for this job. Thank you in advance!
EuAx3Lh.jpg

WhmZTE5.jpg

yiPU4yW.jpg

HWPhilly

I did and still waiting for their reply. I did try this job with them a couple years ago but they couldn't do it (along w/ a cpl other regulars I use on jobs). I'm kind of assuming they won't be able to this time so in the meantime I wanted to search for a different place or two.

rjssigns

Any competent machine shop in your area can knock out the blanks. Will need to find a metal polishing shop after machining. If a dedicated metal polisher isn't available look for shops that detail big rigs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Any competent machine shop in your area can knock out the blanks. Will need to find a metal polishing shop after machining. If a dedicated metal polisher isn't available look for shops that detail big rigs.

Hahahahahaaaaaaa did ya ever try to find anything competent in Philly ?? :roflmao:

OADesign

I would think, with a detailed spec drawing, this would be right up Gemini's alley. As a matter of fact I did a bunch of house number plates like this not too long ago. Although they were not polished as pretty. But have Gemini make them and have some local shop polish them.

Additionaly, you could try Matthews or ARK Ramos. But again, it seems any foundry type company should be able to pull that off with a good spec drawing.

Last edited:

rjssigns

Hahahahahaaaaaaa did ya ever try to find anything competent in Philly ?? :roflmao:

Didn't know it was that bad. Guess I'm fortunate to be surrounded with good fab shops. Waterjet, laser, multi-axis CNC the works.
Found out the wife doesn't like it when I put aluminum blanks in the dishwasher.

Joe R

Hi, I am having trouble finding someone that can make polished brass plaques w/ the two beveled edges similar to the attached photos. In the past I posted on here and got some great recommendations for companies that I use to this day so I figured I'd give it another shot for this job. Thank you in advance!
EuAx3Lh.jpg

WhmZTE5.jpg

yiPU4yW.jpg
Have you tried Mathews Bronze in Pittsburgh?