• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Having Trouble With Heat Transfers

Ricky

Hey Guys, I recently purchased an epson printer for photo printing. Well i tried it and everything but it's just not ironing the images well onto the shirts. Maybe my heat presser or what? The directions say 350-360 degrees and about 8-10 sec. I have a mighty heat press and i usually iron my shirts about 300 dg. and about 24 sec. Can anyone help me on what i am doing wrong. Thanks.

Ricky

well i have the temp at 360dg. and i leave the clamp at 10 sec. but once i take the transfer sheet off the picture it doesn't leave the image nice and clear like it's supposed to.:help

Big House Signs

are you sure it is degrees and not celsius you have it at? The heat presses can get finicky too. It's good to have some shirts you can do samples on...until you get the right time and temp. Now we've done 400 degrees for 10 sec and 365 at 20 seconds...as you get into the job and if there are a lot to press the press may get hotter and u will need to adjust times and temp. Also are you using the epson hypid? sublijet (for polyester) and chromoblast for cotton? You cant use the sublijet ink on cotton..only on poly. Hope this helps.
Paula

Ricky

Yeah On one of the sheets i have has celcius and the other has degrees so i dont know which one to use. Also im using the epson 1400 for heat transfers not sublimation.

Ricky

The Paper I'm using is colortec and yes the ink i'm using has to be correct because it came with it. But for some reason i think it might be my heat press. i have it at 360 deg. with only 15 sec. and i quickly remove the paper but some of the color from the picture comes along the sheet i remove.

thanks for all your support guys. I major in vector art work so i you guys need any help i'm more then welcome to scratch your back for this support im getting. =] so.cal.stickers@gmail.com